• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Oh yeah without question the 8.0 I think presented nicer. The CVA sticker served at least a bit of a purpose there.

In graded coins, they bump the grade for eye appeal.  It is subjective but pretty universal.  Also you have front and back.  So in auctions, lower grade examples can sometimes eclipse higher "gift grades".

38 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

In graded coins, they bump the grade for eye appeal.  It is subjective but pretty universal.  Also you have front and back.  So in auctions, lower grade examples can sometimes eclipse higher "gift grades".

Same with cards which factor in centering, something that is ignored by comics grading companies but not by collectors.

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

reported

:whatthe: Peter @GreatCaesarsGhost and could have made double our money on this lol I had a 5k limit on that Tec 28 and live bidding took it from me. I would be ok with a restored copy better than this beat 1.0 not like its a super key book to accept in that grade Thank you for the heads up(thumbsu