• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

$12k.

Greg Reece just listed at blue label 3.5.  I feel like this is a boardie book:

http://www.reececomics.com/Comics/CAPTAIN_AMERICA_1_CGC_3_5_LT_OW_PAGES

-J.

I think I've seen this copy before.  I remember that big ole rat chew on the edge.  Would be interesting to see how much it sells since i haven't seen a complete unrestored copy sell recently.

6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I think I've seen this copy before.  I remember that big ole rat chew on the edge.  Would be interesting to see how much it sells since i haven't seen a complete unrestored copy sell recently.

Didn't a 3.0 blue label (or around there)  sell instantly at BIN on one of the auction sites recently? ComicLink I think. I vaguely remember a friend saying someone got a heck of a deal. Around $80,000?

1 hour ago, domuhnator said:

Didn't a 3.0 blue label (or around there)  sell instantly at BIN on one of the auction sites recently? ComicLink I think. I vaguely remember a friend saying someone got a heck of a deal. Around $80,000?

I sold a 3.0 here on these boards in 2012. This one has been on the link for awhile now:

http://comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems.asp%3Fid%3D3912&id=1143234

3 hours ago, domuhnator said:

No.  That was a fake listing. 

-J.

15 hours ago, Primetime said:

I sold a 3.0 here on these boards in 2012. This one has been on the link for awhile now:

http://comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems.asp%3Fid%3D3912&id=1143234

Going by the 1.0 sale that one is a fair price now. That's the one that started out at 75k and the price keeps going up. I wonder if it will go up again before it sells.  Especially now that Greg Reece has the 3.0 with slightly worse PQ up for $135,000.   

Edited by domuhnator
Wrong grade stated.

24 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

Going by the 1.0 sale that one is a fair price now. That's the one that started out at 75k and the price keeps going up. I wonder if it will go up again before it sells.  Especially now that Greg Reece has the 3.0 with worse PQ up for $135,000. is 0.5 worth 40k more?

The Cap on our site is a 3.5, just for the sake of accuracy haha.

13 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I could as much as 15K.

10K would be on the low end.

I wouldn't be surprised--would love to see it.  Cap 1 continues to get its due  ......Argument for and against why Cap 1 is the "number 3" book in the hobby ??

Edited by Chicago Boy

2 hours ago, alexgreece said:

The Cap on our site is a 3.5, just for the sake of accuracy haha.

My bad alex, I knew I should have check your site before posting. I could have sworn it was a slightly brittle 3.0! I was even texting  your brother about it the other day doh!.  Sorry about that. I Edited my post! 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I wouldn't be surprised--would love to see it.  Cap 1 continues to get its due  ......Argument for and against why Cap 1 is the "number 3" book in the hobby ??

Scarcity + hierarchy of old makes it tough to top Superman #1. But you can make a very strong argument for Cap #1.

-1st app. and origin of Captain America.

-1st app. of the Red Skull.

-1st app. of Bucky Barnes (later, the Winter Soldier).

-Classic cover (arguably No. 1 of the GA).

It is, to my knowledge, the only notable GA book to feature the 1st app. of the superhero in his own series + origin of the superhero + 1st app. of his top arch nemesis + 1st app. of his sidekick + classic cover.

On 9/9/2017 at 0:02 AM, Wayne-Tec said:

A coverless copy of Cap #1 is up to $6,755 in the ComicConnect Event Auction.

LINK

Any guess as to the final closing price? hm

Looks like nice apart from the dirt/foxing along the open edge (possibly removable?).  I'll say $17K.