• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, bluechip said:

While I agree that the low numbers of the keys means they deserve their place among the top collectibles, I don't think stage used guitars or field worn jerseys compare to original art. 

Worn jerseys and stage used guitars would compare more to the desk where comics were drawn or the typewriter on which they were written.  Possibly creators' personal copies.  Maybe letters or memos about key moments of creation and forth.   Similar but not quite the same because unlike jerseys, bats or guitars the celeb comic creator isn't necessarily seen in public with the item.  But the day may come when Kirby's art desk brings a hefty sum.

In the meantime, the only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, that compares to original art in the rock world might be the hand-written lyrics for a classic song.   

I don't think there are any comparables in the sports world.   The genesis of Ruth's home run record is not something that still exists in tangible form.   It only exists in memory and as described in contemporary printed accounts.  But the genesis of Amazing Fantasy 15 is right there, in pencil and ink on paper, in the Smithsonian.

The comparison I was making was the FMV.  

My search continues. Since my last stop in things have gone well. Now............. I only need a centerfold!🤔

If there is anyone out there with a line on a centerfold please let me know!😀

Thanks

Red Skull

10 minutes ago, JB123 said:

My search continues. Since my last stop in things have gone well. Now............. I only need a centerfold!🤔

Thanks

Red Skull

For some reason I have seen more Cap 1s missing a centerfold than any other GA key.

1 hour ago, JB123 said:

Thanks

Red Skull

Maybe someone on here who has a copy can rip up their centerfold and sell to you hm

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Was anyone  in this club rooting for Bucky to get the shield at the end of Endgame ?  

Everyone knows bucky is the new captain america

Bucky-Barnes-as-Captain-America.jpg

Edited by woowoo

Two questions:

1. How much do you guys predict the Universal 9.4 and Conserved 7.0 will sell for in HA auction?

2. If you had the money to win either, which one would you prefer given what you predict the price tags will be?

1 hour ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Two questions:

1. How much do you guys predict the Universal 9.4 and Conserved 7.0 will sell for in HA auction?

2. If you had the money to win either, which one would you prefer given what you predict the price tags will be?

1. ~$950k on the 9.4 Reilly. Maybe $100k on the 7.0 conserved. 

2.  Whether I had/have the $, I'll take the 9.4 Reilly all day long. 

Edited by Primetime