• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

here’s a good’n. Brittle pages and 2 missing centerfolds for the low low price of $50k. And, I kid you not, it’s got 50 watchers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-COMICS-ISSUE-1-UNRESTORED-CGC-GRADED-5/333583312074?hash=item4dab1d64ca:g:nxkAAOSwjdReoy38

382EC9DC-5F9C-49CC-ACB8-081C23F05EAF.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

here’s a good’n. Brittle pages and 2 missing centerfolds for the low low price of $50k. And, I kid you not, it’s got 50 watchers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-COMICS-ISSUE-1-UNRESTORED-CGC-GRADED-5/333583312074?hash=item4dab1d64ca:g:nxkAAOSwjdReoy38

382EC9DC-5F9C-49CC-ACB8-081C23F05EAF.jpeg

a CGC .5 missing four CFs sold in March for $39,500 which was pretty strong. 

And now for something completely different. 

has anyone ever actually laid eyes on “this beautiful desk”? It’s “a neutral blue-green - trimmed in black and silver - made of sturdy fibre board”. 

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking a desk this beautiful and durable should cost $100! 

but no, you fool!    Only a dollar!

seriously, anybody ever seen this out in the world?

hey @Robot Man

EF5D806D-A744-4AC8-B40E-98CD989C97AB.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

3 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And now for something completely different. 

has anyone ever actually laid eyes on “this beautiful desk”? It’s “a neutral blue-green - trimmed in black and silver - made of sturdy fibre board”. 

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking a desk this beautiful and durable should cost $100! 

but no, you fool!    Only a dollar!

seriously, anybody ever seen this out in the world?

hey @Robot Man

EF5D806D-A744-4AC8-B40E-98CD989C97AB.jpeg

certainly one of the most common ads on a golden age comic. The dept codes on the coupon are always different (unless it's from a Cap1 or Mystic 5 which match). 

@GreatCaesarsGhost You hit a light bulb in my head when you mentioned about the ad for the desk.  Maybe someone on here who still owns or at least taken a picture of any of the comic book ad items that were up for sale can create a thread solely on that.  Would love to see the foot fungus one lol

25 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

@GreatCaesarsGhost You hit a light bulb in my head when you mentioned about the ad for the desk.  Maybe someone on here who still owns or at least taken a picture of any of the comic book ad items that were up for sale can create a thread solely on that.  Would love to see the foot fungus one lol

Guys, there's a great book about these ads, and there is a thread about it. The author is a childhood friend of @kav. He can explain it better than I can, but I did buy the book and its a lot of fun. I can shoot a pic and post it later if you like, but I don't want to derail the thread too much either. The desk, however, was not in there.

7 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Guys, there's a great book about these ads, and there is a thread about it. The author is a childhood friend of @kav. He can explain it better than I can, but I did buy the book and its a lot of fun. I can shoot a pic and post it later if you like, but I don't want to derail the thread too much either. The desk, however, was not in there.

Please post the pic