• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta, Wrightson, Jones, Smith, Adams, Ploog and more - Portfolio Madness

294 posts in this topic

I think I ordered my first portfolio in the early 1980s from an ad in The Buyers Guide. Probably one from Sal Q. Sporadically over the years, I have added to my collection going after some of my favorite artists and within the last few years concentrating on the more rare, obscure 1970s portfolios from publishers like Middle Earth.

It is great showcase of an artist's talent.

I had started taking pictures of of the prints but really wasn't pleased with the pictures and as I added more to my collection, I decided to buy a wide format scanner so I could properly scan these. It is a laborious process but I'd like to add them as I go. Hopefully it give a glimpse of what I consider some great artists and a great way to showcase their talents. In most cases, these are signed and numbered which is my preference to add some provenance and a way to a signature that I really couldn't get any other way (like Frazetta and Jones).