• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta, Wrightson, Jones, Smith, Adams, Ploog and more - Portfolio Madness

294 posts in this topic

Plate 3 (Fantastic Art on this one - I suspect this one an homage or influenced by Frazetta's Destroyer painting)

BarrySmithTuPennyConanPlate3.jpg

Simply fantastic, thank you for sharing - this is probably my favorite, but hard to chose, they are all great! :applause:

Simply fantastic, thank you for sharing - this is probably my favorite, but hard to chose, they are all great! :applause:

Thanks - it is a cool print. Next up is Barry Smith's Shelf Stuff.

By the way, your Conan books are awesome. (worship)

I have many more to come. I think I most of the Frazettas. There is a Jeff Jones I will get up this weekend that I really like plus more Wrightson and others. As you can tell, I'm a fan of the Studio artists. I was able to pick up a first print hardbound edition of The Studio and also Wrightson's leatherbound Deluxe A Look Back.

Once I'm through with the portfolios, I can post some pics of those if anyone is interested.

As a child, John Byrne, George Perez and Bob Layton were my favorites. In my late teens, as I got into comic fandom, I discovered The Studio and they have been the gold standard for me ever since. Guys like Ploog and Frank Brunner have a very similar style that fits right in with those guys as well. :cloud9:

Incredible! These are all simply incredible!

Wrightson and Kaluta are personal favorites! I'm glad you posted their works.

I understand you have Frazetta coming, but do you have any Boris Vallejo, Earl Norem, Jon J. Muth, Gray Morrow, Kelly Freas, Mobius, Brian Bolland, The Brothers Hildebrandt, Bob Larkin, Micheal Golden, Richard Corben, Rowena Morrill or Frank Brunner?

Keep it coming!

SW3D

This thread reminded me of a series of "plates" I bought that were all signed by the artists back in the early 90s. I had almost forgotten I even had them. I swear they look like xerox copies but apparently I paid $20 for it and it had some nice signatures including Ernie Chan.