• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So In Fact NOBODY Yet Has A Complete Crisis on Infinite Earths Collection - NOBODY !!!!!!

57 posts in this topic

I found a super rare (only three hundred million known copies) Copper Age DC that no-one cared was a DC....

"Crisis On Infinite Earths" ISSUE NUMBER 5 by Marv Wolfman, from 1942, and distributed by DC Comics, which of course was part of DC, and also containing an otherwise unavailable segment of Crisis On Infinite Earths issue number 5, which of course started out also as a DC.

It is listed in Overstreet as only three hundred million known copies, but now I got the third copy.

And dear old Monty Hazelhorst of Cooperstown, PA hasn't got THAT one, so his collection isn't complete after all.

Which means both he and I need ten more DCs to complete our collections of EVERY CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS ever actually released.

So NOBODY in the whole wide world has a complete set, despite those erroneous claims in Gemstones newsletter.

WHAT AN AMAZING TWIST OF FATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is listed in Overstreet as only three hundred million known copies, but now I got the third copy.

27_laughing.gif

Thanks for starting the only interesting thread in weeks.......IN WEEKS!

DC? Who cares? confused-smiley-013.gifboo.gif

I assure you, the world is waiting with bait-flavored breath as I approach completion of my impossible task.

Indeed, there are few who would have the intestinal fortitude for so arduous a journey, and we are all fortunate that I can count myself among that number.

I assure you, the world is waiting with bait-flavored breath as I approach completion of my impossible task.

Indeed, there are few who would have the intestinal fortitude for so arduous a journey, and we are all fortunate that I can count myself among that number.

Be sure to direct me to the 23001 other threads detailing the progress of your quest as it nears completion.

But there hasn't been an interesting new thread for weeks.

And the fact that I discovered a new Copper Age DC that no-one had previously put two and two together, and realised that back in 1985 there was NO Image yet, and Marvel was only marginally interesting...

I found it MOST riveting.

And the fact that both Monty and I therefore still each need ten comics to complete, makes it far far more interesting.

Because I can assure you that ALL ten comics are seriously rare.

Remember he had also never heard of the Crisis on Infinite Earths issue number three either, and that too was a DC.

Somehow I don't think he'll find a copy of Crisis on Infinite Earths issue number nine QUITE as easily as he picked up the other one.

893applaud-thumb.gif Thank you Khaos...your post is truly a font of information and I as an ardent DC collector and supporter am overwhelmed by your generosity in sharing this historically significant information. When will the heathens on this board wake and recognize your integral part in this great hobby of ours? Your focus on research and devotion to this art knows no bounds. I look forward to a second-by-second update on this situation.

I heard that your last attempt to call Monty Hazelhorst of Cooperstown, PA out of the blue ended in a restraining order. How did you verify that he did not have a copy? tongue.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Thank you Khaos...your post is truly a font of information and I as an ardent DC collector and supporter am overwhelmed by your generosity in sharing this historically significant information. When will the heathens on this board wake and recognize your integral part in this great hobby of ours? Your focus on research and devotion to this art knows no bounds. I look forward to a second-by-second update on this situation.

I heard that your last attempt to call Monty Hazelhorst of Cooperstown, PA out of the blue ended in a restraining order. How did you verify that he did not have a copy? tongue.gif

Thank YOU, Darth, for recognizing a great spirit when you see one! Too often, it seems, a magnanimous nature such as my own is overshadowed by people who-- you know-- actually DO things and ACCOMPLISH stuff. Indeed, such heroic acts as completing the world's FIRST and ONLY complete set of Crisis On Infinite Earths books is a task that is overlooked by most.

And I assure you, Darth, that my last attempt to call Monty Hazelhorst of Cooperstown, PA did NOT end in a restraining order. It was my last visit to his house, a visit in which I took his pet ferrets, "Harbinger" and "Anti-Monitor", hostage that resulted in the restraining order which is supposedly prohibiting my contacting him. (Though they can't very well keep me from watching him through his basement window, can they?)

O.k, so MK, is it a race, or isn't it? smile.gif

It might be fun to be the first, but at the end of the day, seven months ago when I decided to attempt to collect every Crisis On Infinite Earths, I never dreamed I would achieve it (and remember I still haven't yet), and it was never a race. I just wanted to collect them all.

I just thought that the tacky press release a few months ago was cheap and cheesy, and that is why I have smiled at the thought of how premature and how inaccurate it was.

I, myself, am sick with anticipation.

666331-sick.JPG

666331-sick.JPG.3700df9b6e5f577f295daa9f7b4eaec6.JPG

666331-sick.JPG

Maybe you should lay down?

666331-sick.JPG

666331-sick.JPG

Maybe you should lay down?

666331-sick.JPG

insane.gif

Your courage and commitment to completing this amazing collection without even the hint of modesty is truly admirable.

However, I heard from someone who has been in contact with an individual in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico (or Me-hi-co) that there are indeed Sanskrit versions of these very same books that you are attempting to amass, and thus, there are perhaps other CRISES that you were not aware of heretofore to add on to your list.

Be brave.

Khaos, Im sick of you. You add nothing to these boards. All your posts are all about YOU and YOU only. Never about anything else. I dont even think you like comics since all you ever talk about is YOU and YOUR DC obsessions. Youre are a true wanker! FOAD already.

when you talk all I hear is a Whhhhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeee!!!