• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FYI - Harley's Catalog

83 posts in this topic

But all I intended in this thread was to make folks aware his cat was out. Simply a cat of that size I would have thought would be of interest to collectors, if for nothing more than a reference. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's appreciated Pov.

But...I think you being so overly sensitive to the comments on this thread. It has been a fairly rational discussion on dealer pricing.

Why have you been touchy lately... confused-smiley-013.gif

You know, Blow, I HAVE been touchy lately. Partially from being sick but now I am healed....this poster is clean. Mainly because the boards are changing and it is, at times, depressing. Criticizing, trashing etc has become much more prevelant and I have been posting less because of it. So when I make a post like this (or see a post like this made by someone else) that immediately turns into a trash post I get ticked. You asked. I answered.

But all I intended in this thread was to make folks aware his cat was out. Simply a cat of that size I would have thought would be of interest to collectors, if for nothing more than a reference. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's appreciated Pov.

But...I think you being so overly sensitive to the comments on this thread. It has been a fairly rational discussion on dealer pricing.

Why have you been touchy lately... confused-smiley-013.gif

You know, Blow, I HAVE been touchy lately. Partially from being sick but now I am healed....this poster is clean. Mainly because the boards are changing and it is, at times, depressing. Criticizing, trashing etc has become much more prevelant and I have been posting less because of it. So when I make a post like this (or see a post like this made by someone else) that immediately turns into a trash post I get ticked. You asked. I answered.

We have entered the copper age of the forums... frown.gif

I look forward to perusing Harley's inventory every year at Heroes Con and usually walk away with multiple books, but it's been a while since I've ordered anything from his catalog. I believe that the bigger your inventory and customer base (and Harley has lots of both), the higher prices you can ask to maintain a consistent income level. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's a fair point...but it's up to us to buck the trend!

Not posting will not help the negativity...

That's a fair point...but it's up to us to buck the trend!

Not posting will not help the negativity...

Screw you hippie!...Saayyyy....am feeling better! Gimme another one of those pills! grin.gif

Sorry, it's all my fault. I started the ball rolling. frustrated.gif

Well Jeeze, BOC. You wouldn't be BOC if you didn't! wink.gif

Am I right or am I right? smile.gif

Well Jeeze, BOC. You wouldn't be BOC if you didn't! wink.gif

Am I right or am I right? smile.gif

I've changed. I can't afford any more strikes. Say hello to the kindler, gentler BOC. With 84% less Flamage. frown.gif

I've changed. I can't afford any more strikes. Say hello to the kindler, gentler BOC. With 84% less Flamage.

Geeze no WONDER people are flaming everywhere lately. Without your consistent flaming the MDR of Flamage has been greatly reduced, and we have to compensate by doing our OWN flaming!

Hey Arch! For the sake of the boards! Strike BOC's strikes and start him up again from scratch.

I have bought books from him, and yes he charges more. Having said that I should also mention he does pay more than most dealers. He pays more, so he charges more. The economy works this way.

If you don't like his prices, stay away, but remember this fact. He takes books back with no questions asked. He is one of the good guys. Why buy an overgraded book on ebay and get stuck with it. How many times has that happened to any of us. At least with Harley I can get in touch with him to make things right.

Actually, I picked up my golden-age Green Lantern #1 and All-American #16 from Harley. From my experience, he is a dealer of integrity. He is the only dealer that sent me the prerestoration photos and paperwork on a restored book. I agree that his catalogue prices seem to be high but he is willing to negotiate. thumbsup2.gif

Is Harley a nice guy? Yes.

Are his prices on high grade very high? Yes.

Will he work with you? In my experience, Yes.

When I got his catalog I saw lots of books that seemed real high to me, and others I thought were very reasonable. That happens everytime I go to a show and with every dealer I deal with. I'm sure when they hear my offers on books they think, why's this guy trying to lowball me?