• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars #8 9.9 CGC

21 posts in this topic

I wish I HAD a reader copy of that book! I got rid of all my comics when I got out of collecting in the late 80's (I bought all of them off the newsstand when they came out and had the full set), and I've been able to get all the Secret Wars issues except that one.

Anyone have a reader copy that they don't need/want for a brotha's personal collection? smile.gif

I wish I HAD a reader copy of that book! I got rid of all my comics when I got out of collecting in the late 80's (I bought all of them off the newsstand when they came out and had the full set), and I've been able to get all the Secret Wars issues except that one.

Anyone have a reader copy that they don't need/want for a brotha's personal collection? smile.gif

secretwars8.jpg

secretwars8.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kinda nice for a reader copy. tongue.gif

This seller is the guy who is currently running what are most likely scam auctions for a group of ASM's, and an AF 15 in CGC 9.4.

If this auction is real and the bid is real, then the bidder must feel pretty comfortable in life to be willing to pay $1,800 or more for a comic that sells for $20 or less in raw Near Mint. There are 214 9.8's in the census, and the average sale price over the course of the last 90 days at auction is just over $90. There are collectors and dealers who own entire boxes of this comic. Don't get me wrong, I love my copy - But holy faschizzle, Batman!!!!

EDIT - I seriously doubt this auction and bidder are legit. The current high bidder for the comic also has bids in on several other of the sellers auctions, and ONLY on this seller's auctions. yeahok.gif

If this auction is real and the bid is real, then the bidder must feel pretty comfortable in life to be willing to pay $1,800 or more for a comic that sells for $20 or less in raw Near Mint. There are 214 9.8's in the census, and the average sale price over the course of the last 90 days at auction is just over $90. There are collectors and dealers who own entire boxes of this comic.

This cannot be a real bid, surely no one is THAT crazy. 893whatthe.gif

LowerRightCorner hence LRC or bottom right corner. gossip.gif

Supa is confused. If he had bothered to check the auction, he would have noticed that the SWII that Donut posted (the one with the color-breaking crease in the LRC) is NOT the same book as the 9.9 featured in the auction.

You'll have to pardon him, he's just not that bright.

LowerRightCorner hence LRC or bottom right corner. gossip.gif

Supa is confused. If he had bothered to check the auction, he would have noticed that the SWII that Donut posted (the one with the color-breaking crease in the LRC) is NOT the same book as the 9.9 featured in the auction.

You'll have to pardon him, he's just not that bright.

Damnit...I can't find a color-breaking crease in the LRC in either scan. confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Actually yeah i can kinda see it now.... damn that was hard, think i need a pair of new glasses now...

but it's not THAT color breaking is it?

if you can see the white from the orange reddish colour break, then it's a colour breaking crease. wink.gif

That price is absolutely insane. I sold a 9.8 last month on ebay and couldn't get more than $60 bucks for it. Then again, it didn't take me long to find that copy raw myself. I had it graded at the WizWorld East and I was told I could expect between 150-200. There are MANY copies of this issue out there.