• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double or triple cover premium?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

zero unless someone is collecting it and wants the double or triple cover.

Largely depends what you have. A double cover of a key would generate more interest. A double cover Hulk 181 would command some extra dollars, a double cover Hulk 173 not so much.

What do you have?

Almost any double or triple cover will bring a premium. The more key a book is, the higher the premium.

As an example- I own about two dozen SA marvel double covers. On average, I've paid two or three times Overstreet for them, almost always at auction. My couple of triple Cover Avengers I have paid a decent amount for. Yet I got a CGC DC of a Flash-Superman race from the 60s for less than half the GPA on a regular issue.

Whatja got?

To me it would depend on the year, just like a regular slab. A modern double cover would command less of an increase than a silver age double cover. 2c

Nothing tight now, but looking at a minor silver age key (asm 50) with a double cover. Just deciding if I will pay extra for the defect.

To me it would depend on the year, just like a regular slab. A modern double cover would command less of an increase than a silver age double cover. 2c

Nothing tight now, but looking at a minor silver age key (asm 50) with a double cover. Just deciding if I will pay extra for the defect.

For me it would also depend on both the covers. If it's a silver age with a pristine inner cover and outer, I probably wouldn't care. If they're both right and tight, I'd have a conflicting inner monologue...

Keep in mind, if you decide to take the plunge, you will likely start looking for other double+ covers on books. ;)

Double covers ALWAYS bring a premium.

I don't understand what the heck y'all are talking about with that 0.00 stuff.

Someone may not have an interest, and that is all well and good. But for those that do. They ALWAYS command a premium.

Go ahead. Find one and buy it for what a single cover goes for.

Edited by conditionfreak

Double covers ALWAYS bring a premium.

I don't understand what the heck y'all are talking about with that 0.00 stuff.

Someone may not have an interest, and that is all well and good. But for those that do. They ALWAYS command a premium.

Yes

specially if its a key

hm Hi; I collect ASM Double Covers and I am curious if you don't mind me asking, are you talking about the CGC SS 9.6 Double Cover copy of ASM #50 with the 7.0 outer cover or is this another one?

Keep in mind, if you decide to take the plunge, you will likely start looking for other double+ covers on books. ;)

I bought my first one (it was a quad cover) last month! :ohnoez:

I don't own any or collect them but IMO they would carry a premium due to them being rare and odd. Like most I think it would depend on the issue's collectibility as well as the condition.

I just saw a double cover FF 56 with a F outer and VF inner. The asking price was 150. I don’t collect double covers but I’m intrigued. Any thoughts on that price?