• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXXXX

466 posts in this topic

It looks an awful lot like the 6.0 on comiclink. I'd be a little tougher on it with that chipping. Hulk 1 has a tough cover and its notoriously overgraded. It looks sturdy. I don't think even the biggest anti-pressing zealot here would deny it could use one. A press might be the diff between a 4.5 and a 5.5. Ill call it right down the center. 5.0.

That's a nice mid grade copy! congratualtions.gif

5.0 IMHO! No grades deducted for the Marvel Chipping. Book length spine crease at the spine and a slight spine roll or miswrap. Generally a nice looking copy!

I think with the right press that little bit of wear on spine could be move to side/back..and there would be no wear at spine! But what do I know ;)

Chipping I understand does not affect grade although it would and could affect final price....of course, I'd rather have without the Marvel chipping. But happy to have!! :)

thanks

Top and side edge wear (not including the chipping). Spine roll that probably cannot be corrected with a press. Staples look ready to pop, I wouldn't risk it. Color rub along entire length of spine. Nice white looking pages.

-J.

Don't you think you are just a little low?

Remember Marvel chipping does not detract from grade...

There are no pieces missing, no tape, no creases, no folds of any size...bold color, white paper, real nice back cover WHITE PAGES....what did you deduct for??

Go look at some 3.5s on ebay....