• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXXXX

466 posts in this topic

Don't you think you are just a little low?

Remember Marvel chipping does not detract from grade...

There are no pieces missing, no tape, no creases, no folds of any size...bold color, white paper, real nice back cover WHITE PAGES....what did you deduct for??

Go look at some 3.5s on ebay....

See. My offer of 100% of OPG at 4.0 was generous. Now I'm starting to get cold feet.

Even if, LAST 3.5 WENT FOR $6000...and that was cream/off white...not White

Little different than Overstreet...I guess no one really grades by OS any more..as if I remember correctly Marvel chipping is a printing defect....and does not affect grade all that much. What does affect grade...this comic has very little of...

Go look at the definition of a 3.5 .....

For those who think this a 3.5 PLEASE SELL ME ALL YOUR KEY BOOKS you wish to give away as 3.5s! ;)

Little different than Overstreet...I guess no one really grades by OS any more..as if I remember correctly Marvel chipping is a printing defect....and does not affect grade all that much. What does affect grade...this comic has very little of...

For those who think this a 3.5 PLEASE SELL ME ALL YOUR KEY BOOKS you wish to give away as 3.5s! ;)

3.5's are going for 6K? :o

Wonderful book to be sure. Books seem to get dinged far more often in the market for chipping than for "PQ" though.

-J.

Please stop campaigning for your book. You did this last time you posted a Hulk 1 for grading. You asked for our opinions. If you want us to just parrot back what grade you think it is, then just say so and we'll all give you a thumbs up and a nod of approval.

Color rub along entire length of spine.

It does look from the photos like there could be some color touch there, doesn't it? Like some of the art gets a bit 'fuzzy' along the spine? Hard to be sure though.

I also fear there's some chance of top overhang trim... that smattering of tiny tears along the top cover edge gives me pause. Sure hope not.

I'd throw out a guess of 4.0/4.5, mostly because of the spine issues and whatever is going on with the staples. Tough one to grade. Whatever the outcome, the cover and PQ look super nice. (thumbs u

Yes the bottom staple is ripped around staple...but staple tight...perhaps because of the mis-cut which probably caused more stress at the bottom staple when turning pages over time and storage.

But what of the White paper!? Seem everyone is minimizing.

I would think at grades below Fine...a tear at staple area..or a page or cover would not impact much like higher grade. I guess we can nitpick every detail....but when positives are added....paper quality. really bold colors, no pieces missing other than Marvel chipping etc...I cannot see how this book would be a VG- as VG books can even have some tape or centerfold crease etc.....

I realize some want to downgrade in the event I might sell...but I will not be selling this book just now...I will either have graded and bring to show in NJ where there will be a lot more people comparing this grade and others who would be willing to pay a fair price.

Thanks for your comments.....just giving my two cents as well....

Bright cover colors, white pages,I think this book has tremendous eye appeal. However, there are too many technical problems that cannot be ignored. Some of those attached chips look ready to fall off. The lengthy vertical crease cannot be ignored. If the spine roll can be fixed up a little without damaging the book, I think the book is a 5.0.

The reason this thread exists, is to get different opinions on a comic. This will give you a better idea of where your comic falls. If you can't take other people's opinions without getting upset, you should think twice about asking for them.

Bright cover colors, white pages,I think this book has tremendous eye appeal. However, there are too many technical problems that cannot be ignored. Some of those attached chips look ready to fall off. The lengthy vertical crease cannot be ignored. If the spine roll can be fixed up a little without damaging the book, I think the book is a 5.0.

After looking at the other books on page 1 of the hulk 1 club over in the silver age forum I simply do not see any way this copy comes back with a "5" as the first number on the label, press or no press. Still a great book to have in the collection regardless.

-J.

Yes the bottom staple is ripped around staple...but staple tight...perhaps because of the mis-cut which probably caused more stress at the bottom staple when turning pages over time and storage.

I would think at grades below Fine...a tear at staple area..or a page or cover would not impact much like higher grade. I guess we can nitpick every detail....but when positives are added....paper quality. really bold colors, no pieces missing other than Marvel chipping etc...I cannot see how this book would be a VG- as VG books can even have some tape or centerfold crease etc.....

I realize some want to downgrade in the event I might sell...but I will not be selling this book just now...I will either have graded and bring to show in NJ where there will be a lot more people comparing this grade and others who would be willing to pay a fair price.

With comments like this you don't deserve to get grading opinions from people here. You attack everyone's integrity. You did this last time. I'm not grading your books anymore. Good luck.

With comments like this you don't deserve to get grading opinions from people here. You attack everyone's integrity. You did this last time. I'm not grading your books anymore. Good luck.

Right! I could care less about the sale of your book.I already got mine,yet I still think this is a 4.0

dude give it a break. You asked for opinions and question them all. Get it graded and don't post for grades anymore. You clearly can't handle a grade that is below your expectation.