• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resubbing a SS resto

53 posts in this topic

Todd has been a client for a long time,I saw this thread and talked to Litch, saying that I trusted him to be on the up and up.. asked if Todd provided before scans of everything he had, could he retain the SS.

I suppose it has as more to do with me going to bat for todd, as well as his before scans.

I was just trying to do what I felt was right, with what I saw in front of me.

I think your friend Todd owes you an apology for bragging about your good deed here on the Boards. In fact Todd should have been stealth about all of this. Look at this from the Boards POV. He comes on the Boards, asks the question, we tell him no. He submits it anyway and with your help gets the desired results. He then comes back here and brags about it and brings you into under fire. This is an example of the buddy system at work or as I like to call it, the good ole boys club.

This is on me. I asked for the book back. Kenny works for CCS so i thought there was more to it. I was wrong. That's my fault.

I have asked for the book back. I will buy it.

The book is on it's way back.

My apologies to you all.

Nice to see no evasion here - good solution.

Also, to people saying the owner should have just 'been quiet'... it is better that he didn't. Clearly no one told him to keep it quiet, so I do not think there was intent to break the rules here.

I think the biggest concern to come out of this is the lack of process in house on this. It seems like there should be a very specific process followed at all times, regardless if what someone 'thinks.' There should be paperwork (or something in a computer somewhere) that has to be filled out for such things to happen. In this instance, it seems someone just got the wrong idea and that was enough to send the process off the rails.

This is on me. I asked for the book back. Kenny works for CCS so i thought there was more to it. I was wrong. That's my fault.

I have asked for the book back. I will buy it.

Hopefully this buyback happens faster than others...

To be clear, Todd and I are not "friends", we have never really spoken outside of work being done over the past several years. We get along, and I like him and all that.

But this was not about me getting my buddies "goof" fixed.

I saw this thread and vouched for him.

Artists can't vouch for their own signatures in this program if CGC doesn't witness them firsthand. I'm having trouble with your vouching trumping that.

Exactly.

Todd has been a resto client of ours for a long time,I saw this thread and talked to Litch, saying that I trusted him to be on the up and up.. asked if Todd provided before scans of everything he had, could he retain the SS.

Paul said to have Todd send him everything he had, and he would take a look.

So I guess under the right circumstances CGC will retain a SS if all the criteria are met. Which to me is a good thing.

And I imagine now Paul regrets letting himself be talked into it by me.

No good deed and all that.

doh!

This wasn't a good deed it was a friend persuading another friend to bend the rules "just this once" due to a mistake. There are many trustworthy people who make mistakes and pay for it, this should have been one of those times.

edit:

This is also one of those time where someone should have told him not to post what he posted. This by no means should have been done in the first place, but you also don't let other people know about.

This is the problem. It is horrendous that such a thing was done but now it has been made public. So much for the integrity of the program and it's impeccable image. I've got some Kirby books and even a Ditko book signed, who do I need to talk to about vouching for them?

Steve Borock.