• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone bought from Anthony Snyder (Comic Book Men "expert")?

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spidey 62 said:

Were the defects or pics part of the description/listing? 

I can’t speak to this specific book, but he’s had a couple of SA books I was very interested in in the past. 

Description regarding the actual item was very minimal. No back cover scan. Requests for back cover scans were ignored. 

I didn’t purchase those SA books, but I did end up buying a couple of CA books to test him out on grading. 

I now give his listings a wide berth. 

23 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

From my personal experience, I would never trust him.  He once offered to trade me a $50 item for my OA worth several thousand dollars.  Nice try Shyster.

I won't share my experience, but I can empathize with your sentiment. Hard pass.

It's funny that I just see this thread now. At this time I was selling to him quite a bit, he would regularly come to @mazman77 and I's booth and drop a few hundred regularly, he didn't haggle too much and bought silver age commons as much as keys. But I knew it was going to Ebay with a healthy grade and price bump.

I traded art with Anthony quite a bit a few years ago and feel that I did very very well. I would trade him con sketches and commissions and low level pages for larger pieces. He would accept my valuations and I would give him about 20% more than what I was taking, but I would trade 50 pieces for 10 or so. It went very well and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again should the need/desire arise. I was getting Charles Vess, Gene Colan art, covers and splashes and such for tons of $25-$50 pieces. Then I flipped most of those at a nice rate for me.

At the shows where he and I have both set up, he's about 90% original art (and since I don't really buy that any more, I don't look). His comics tend to be a bit on the pricy side, and he's not the most personable guy. But he has terrific stuff. 

Also, I'm sure he can help you out with who to bet on the big game.

Ive bought from him (his store) at a couple shows. He doesnt deal with comics, he strictly sticks to his art for the most part. The comic dealer is a guy named Connelly and I havent had any issues with him at all. I will say that Anthony generally maintains a certain style of dealing. Its aggressive and can definitely rub people the wrong way. You just have to know how to deal with those types of sellers.

Connelly always priced books fair and would usually give me fair trade for my issues. Ive never bought any raw books from him but honestly, 99% of the raw books on ebay are overgraded. 

Edited by MadJimJaspers

21 hours ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

I'd rather catch the saber toothed crotch crickets from a Thai mattress monkey...

The voice of experience...,