• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is your collection normal?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

BTW - forgot the take home message :sorry: - This year it's normal to have 1,481 (from 244 to 9,080) Registry points. This corresponds to the median (the middle value if you rank all Registry scores from the lowest to the highest - thus 50% had more than 1,481 points, and 50% had less). The numbers 1,481 (244 - 9,080) correspond to the median and its associated 25th and 75th quartiles, thus the middle 50% of all members had from 244 til 9,080 points. If you have less or more you're abnormal :wink: Although in here it seems that many collectors take pride in being abnormal to the max :grin: 

(What's normal is usually defined as the average plus or minus one standard deviation, like it's normal to have an IQ of 100 (85 - 115), because 1 standard deviation is 15. Using median values, because - unlike IQ measurements in the population - Registry points are not normally distributed, normal values are typically reported as the median and the associated 25th and 75 percentiles.)  

12 hours ago, Rune said:

BTW - forgot the take home message :sorry: - This year it's normal to have 1,481 (from 244 to 9,080) Registry points. This corresponds to the median (the middle value if you rank all Registry scores from the lowest to the highest - thus 50% had more than 1,481 points, and 50% had less). The numbers 1,481 (244 - 9,080) correspond to the median and its associated 25th and 75th quartiles, thus the middle 50% of all members had from 244 til 9,080 points. If you have less or more you're abnormal :wink: Although in here it seems that many collectors take pride in being abnormal to the max :grin: 

(What's normal is usually defined as the average plus or minus one standard deviation, like it's normal to have an IQ of 100 (85 - 115), because 1 standard deviation is 15. Using median values, because - unlike IQ measurements in the population - Registry points are not normally distributed, normal values are typically reported as the median and the associated 25th and 75 percentiles.)  

Where does one find this registry, which you speak of sir

10 hours ago, DarthRawn said:

Where does one find this registry, which you speak of sir

You can find it right here, ranking all Registry members from the highest to the lowest scores:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/TotalRanking.aspx?Rank=1

Maybe the list is somewhat hidden; you can access it from your Control Panel, where you can see your amount of points and just click on the link "Total Comic Registry Points". 

15 hours ago, Rune said:

You can find it right here, ranking all Registry members from the highest to the lowest scores:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/TotalRanking.aspx?Rank=1

Maybe the list is somewhat hidden; you can access it from your Control Panel, where you can see your amount of points and just click on the link "Total Comic Registry Points". 

Found it, was getting ready to sign up when I noticed that I need to purchase a membership to register hm     I think at this moment I will pass, but if I am going to submit any comics I may sign up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

10 hours ago, DarthRawn said:

Found it, was getting ready to sign up when I noticed that I need to purchase a membership to register hm     I think at this moment I will pass, but if I am going to submit any comics I may sign up.                                                                            

I think it's free to become a new member - are you completely sure you need to purchase anything? As long as I can remember it's been free to become a member and to register your books - purchasing anything should only be relevant if you want to submit books to the CGC for encapsulation:

https://www.cgccomics.com/registry/index.asp

14 hours ago, Rune said:

I think it's free to become a new member - are you completely sure you need to purchase anything? As long as I can remember it's been free to become a member and to register your books - purchasing anything should only be relevant if you want to submit books to the CGC for encapsulation:

https://www.cgccomics.com/registry/index.asp

You were correct. It just took me a minute to figure out what was going on. I have the few books registered that I owned that were CGC graded. 1382 was all I had.