• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Louisville -- November 6-8, 2015

16 posts in this topic

Hmm, interesting. I skipped the last one due to the ticket price, I was curious how the turnout was. I guess it was enough to justify doing it again! Wizard World, Wonderfest, Fright Night Film Fest/Fandomfest, Derby City Comic Con, not to mention adjacent shows like Lexington CC and Cinci CC and Cinci Comic Expo...I never thought I'd see a time when there were more local shows than I was able/interested in attending, and yet, here we are!

I've got a Rehearsal Dinner/Wedding on Fri/Sat, but am thinking about going on Sunday just to check it out. Think it's worth the money? I don't care anything about celebs, I just want to shop for books.

My Con Report:

If you like the cast of "Arrow" and Funko Pop figures, boy do I have a show for you!

If you like actual comic books, I do not so much have a show for you!

My Con Report:

If you like the cast of "Arrow" and Funko Pop figures, boy do I have a show for you!

As of right now, the show does not appear to have been rescheduled for 2016.

My Con Report:

As of right now, the show does not appear to have been rescheduled for 2016.

Louisville is off the schedule until 2018. The convention center is being completely renovated.

My Con Report:

There were several quality comic book dealers there last year and no customers showed up. I was there, Comic Book World was there, Comics To Astonish was there, First Aid Comics, not to mention a half dozen other guys.

If you want shows to succeed, you need to show up and spend money. People don't come back when there are no customers.

My Con Report:

There were several quality comic book dealers there last year and no customers showed up. I was there, Comic Book World was there, Comics To Astonish was there, First Aid Comics, not to mention a half dozen other guys.

If you want shows to succeed, you need to show up and spend money. People don't come back when there are no customers.

I didn't know they had a show last year, but there was one two years ago I couldn't make as I was out of town. I try to support every show that comes through. But between this, Derby City Comic Con, Fandomfest, Wonderfest, Lexington Comic Con, Cinci Comic Expo, Cinci Comic Con, Cavalcade of Comics, etc, the region is kinda drowning in shows.