• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOW from Image Comics by Remender, Tocchini, et al

149 posts in this topic

So I had a chance to read this book last night - Remender is on a roll with his Image titles. This may be the best of the three out there right now, and the artwork is incredible. Absolutely digging this book so far.

If it is better than Deadly Class I am impressed.

Really looking forward to getting a chance to read a copy.

I like Deadly Class, but I liked Low more, so far at least. Deadly Class has some great bits, but it sometimes (at least to me) seems like Remender gets lost trying to tell us how cool he was in the '80s, although I thought the Fear and Loathing arc was pretty great. Low feels like a more mature and complex story than Deadly Class.

I don't know, I don't think anyone would really know about the autobiographical aspect of DC if they didn't read the back section. At least, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't read it there.

Still, really looking forward to Low, and based on your mini-review, looking forward to it more.

Looking forward to reading this book beyond the preview and having a hard time getting any of the SDCC variants. Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that Newbury comics has a variant out too (limited to 5).

LowNewbury_zpsd9a9d4f1.jpg

Doubtful.

Image minimums are 1,000

Looking forward to reading this book beyond the preview and having a hard time getting any of the SDCC variants. Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that Newbury comics has a variant out too (limited to 5).

LowNewbury_zpsd9a9d4f1.jpg

Doubtful.

Image minimums are 1,000

For those with problems grasping the shopping cart system, this variant is limited to 5 per customer... :facepalm:

When asked a direct question ("What is the print run on the SDCC Low variant?"), the answer was 500. This is not a shop variant with a minimum order of 1000 - Image can print however many they like. They sold 100 copies each day, and they went quick. There is also a major printing defect on the front cover of the vast majority of these books (a suction cup grabbed the covers too hard, and so there are creases/wrinkles on most books. I went through a new pack of 25 and found exactly one clean copy. And from the ones I have seen, in most cases this will not be pressable.

When asked a direct question ("What is the print run on the SDCC Low variant?"), the answer was 500. This is not a shop variant with a minimum order of 1000 - Image can print however many they like. They sold 100 copies each day, and they went quick. There is also a major printing defect on the front cover of the vast majority of these books (a suction cup grabbed the covers too hard, and so there are creases/wrinkles on most books. I went through a new pack of 25 and found exactly one clean copy. And from the ones I have seen, in most cases this will not be pressable.

This is not a shop variant with a minimum order of 1000 - Image can print however many they like.

Quite true.

Like the Bedlam NYCC that was ltd to 500?

( I pre-screened 1,000 copies of that run of 500)

You have your sources, I have mine.

Believe what you like.

Edited by LarrysComics

It was common knowledge at the show that the print run on the Bedlam book was bumped up to 1000. I was at both shows, and the Bedlam book was also much more plentiful.

Can a publisher lie about print runs? Sure - in fact, it seems fairly common with Oni. Do I think you know everything? Nope.

>>It was common knowledge at the show that the print run on the Bedlam book was bumped up to 1000.<<

Hilarious.

Go back & look at the beating I took on that one too.

Moving forward, lets all just agree that any books you have an interest in are ltd to what you say.

Sir.

Well Larry, if anyone deserves to take a beating, you get my vote.

And if owning three copies of this book means I "have an interest", then I guess you are right for the first time today. Congratulations!