• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

so what's over/under on the final price? I'm going to say it breaks 3 million.

3.21 mil :banana:

US $3,207,852.00

Ahem...

Can I call them or can I call them.

:acclaim:

Just like I said.. sniped for $100.

s***p ( 2501Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) US $3,207,852.00

Aug-24-14 17:59:30 PDT

9***1 ( 62Feedback score is 50 to 99) US $3,207,752.00

Aug-24-14 17:59:58 PDT

Metro just bid

With bidding that high, do you think that if Metropolis were to try and take it home it would be for their personal collection, like the artwork and the Houdini handcuffs that adorn the office or for resale?

Resale. Just like 90% of all the bidders in the auction.

I cannot see the upside to this book unless they plan on holding it for a 12-18 months OR they are acting as a proxy bidder for someone that does not want to sign up for an eBay account.

When you want to buy something special, you generally have to overpay and just go for broke every time.

Every time that some special comes up, you have to overpay again.

It's the diffetence between wanting to buy a chevy chevette and a collectible Ferarri.

The only way something truly special is worth less is if the economy changes so even buying this and then holding out for a stronger price (or a previously unknown buyer) can be strategy.

I had a long time customer contact me about buying a 6 or 7 figure book recently when he never had looked for one before. Sometimes people come into money and it can just be a matter of timing. If you're liquid and patient enough to sit on something special you will eventually get your price and in the mean time, still say that you own it.

Just sayin'

;)

I didn't get the web error until after the auction hit zero. Wonder if there was another bid out there. hm

Was thinking the same thing. Whole bunch of folks all over the place saying "it broke" at the end and not just here. You think any bids did not get in?