• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

I've already got a hotel room! woohoo!

Which hotel did you get for 2015?

Wyndham Bayside. It's just my backup but a good rate and better location than mission valley if I get shut out of downtown.

I booked at The Inn at the Park when it was $169 a night. Now there's only a few rooms left and they're $529. It's 2 miles from the convention center, so I'll have to buy parking for each day of the con. On the plus side, it's a 750 square foot unit with full kitchen and living room. Should be nice and roomy.

Uh, if you guys are booking rooms for next year .. I presume you already have 2015 badges wrapped up ready already? For me, I'll need to get that badge first to be absolute confirmed before I book a room next. Right now looks like the people of SDCC haven't announced for public to get the 2015 badges.

I know of a small motel that is near the transit LRT line to shuttle to the Con both ways. Of course, that was 20 years ago... I'd image their prices had gone up :pullhair:

I booked at The Inn at the Park when it was $169 a night. Now there's only a few rooms left and they're $529. It's 2 miles from the convention center, so I'll have to buy parking for each day of the con. On the plus side, it's a 750 square foot unit with full kitchen and living room. Should be nice and roomy.

:o

Whoa! It gets expensive!

Well, my brother in law went to Ohio State U and told me within 25 miles to OSU football stadium, all hotels room rates will go up by 3 to 4 times. Only 5 or 6 home games per year. SDCC is only once a year.

Uh, if you guys are booking rooms for next year .. I presume you already have 2015 badges wrapped up ready already? For me, I'll need to get that badge first to be absolute confirmed before I book a room next. Right now looks like the people of SDCC haven't announced for public to get the 2015 badges.

I know of a small motel that is near the transit LRT line to shuttle to the Con both ways. Of course, that was 20 years ago... I'd image their prices had gone up :pullhair:

Here's my rationale:

1. Hotel reservations can be changed or canceled.

2. If I get a badge then great and if not, then fine too

The badge is a harder get for sure but then once you have a badge then getting a good hotel becomes even harder.

They announced during the show, "Preregistration for Comic-Con 2015 will occur sometime after Comic-Con 2014."

All expectations are that Pre-reg will be in Late Aug or Sept as it was in 2012 for the 2013 show.

Then General Registration will probably be in Feb.

work under the assumption that you have a badge until you don't.

Here's my rationale:

1. Hotel reservations can be changed or canceled.

2. If I get a badge then great and if not, then fine too

The badge is a harder get for sure but then once you have a badge then getting a good hotel becomes even harder.

They announced during the show, "Preregistration for Comic-Con 2015 will occur sometime after Comic-Con 2014."

All expectations are that Pre-reg will be in Late Aug or Sept as it was in 2012 for the 2013 show.

Then General Registration will probably be in Feb.

work under the assumption that you have a badge until you don't.

Don't be surprised if pre registration is much later. This year it wasn't until about feb, and then the general was a month or so later.

Just received an e-mail from Comic-Con about 2015 preregistration. The Badge ID is on the front of the 2014 badge.

Hello and thank you for attending Comic-Con International 2014! Comic-Con International 2015 Attendee Preregistration is right around the corner and there are some important steps you must complete to participate.

1. Retrieve your physical Comic-Con 2014 badge, then log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and click the “Registration Info” tab.

2. Select the message “Click here to validate your Comic-Con 2014 badge ID to be eligible for Comic-Con 2015 Attendee Preregistration!”

3. Enter your “Badge ID” where indicated. Your badge ID is located at the bottom of your Comic-Con 2014 badge.*

4. If your badge ID matches the Member ID associated with your badge purchase, you will receive a confirmation message and an email will be sent to the address associated with your Member ID account.

You must complete the above validation process before October 15, 2014 to be eligible for Comic-Con 2015 Attendee Preregistration. Badge ID validation will close at 5:30 PM Pacific Time (PT) on October 15, 2014. You must validate your badge ID prior to this date or you will not be eligible to participate in preregistration.

Each badge ID is associated with the Member ID used to purchase that badge only.

Your badge ID is unique and will not validate any Member ID account other than the one used to purchase the badge. You may not use your badge ID to validate a friend, spouse, child, or family member. Badge IDs are non-transferable.

I still had my badge and I am now registered to register! It sounds as if we may need that same badge number again when we are actually in the process of buying the ticket (sometime in November), so keep that badge, or at least the number handy for later as well.