• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2015, July 8-12, San Diego, Ca.

374 posts in this topic

I'm curious about why so many feel a sweeping loyalty program based upon previous year attendance is the way to go? We've heard and read about the thousands of Con goers who flood the floors and halls but spend very little beyond the admission. How advantageous is it for SD to lock out so many potential new dollars with an attendance loyalty program? I'm surprised they even continue with it.

If anything San Diego and every other major Con should start utilizing the full potential of the bar code scanning system to determine who is attending, how much they are spending and where. Going forward they should target those who actually make the show profitable for all vendors and possibly consider a loyalty based upon those numbers.

I've spent a lot of $$ in the exhibit hall. I also go to a lot of panels but not usually the ones in Hall H or Ballroom 20. I like those but I'm not willing to give up a day waiting in line when there are so many other interesting panels. I don't mind the cosplayers. They might not spend a dime in the exhibit hall but they add something to the scene.

I've enjoyed SDCC my whole life even though it has grown and mutated over the years.

Anyway, agree with me or not, we all have an opinion, and mine is that a 44 year run has earned an option to buy a ticket. If supporting a sports team by buying tickets for many years gets you that option, SDCC could do it also.

Question for everyone. This is going to be my 5th year attending. I was able to get Thursday and Sunday only. I have never used the Comic-Con hotel reservation system, is it any good and does it guarantee you at least one of your six preferred hotels will have a room for you? Should I count on this?

Yep. You can pretty much always get mission valley. Last year there were rooms available up to the start of the con.

If you want downtown and you don't want to pay $700/night, then the hotel lottery is worth a shot.

Nothing is guaranteed though.

I was just looking at upcoming concerts around here ( San Diego) and see that One Direction is playing Qualcomm Stadium on July 9th.

Right in the middle of comic con.

Just more people trying to get hotels etc...

Gonna be a busy week here.

I was just looking at upcoming concerts around here ( San Diego) and see that One Direction is playing Qualcomm Stadium on July 9th.

Right in the middle of comic con.

Just more people trying to get hotels etc...

Gonna be a busy week here.

Now *that's* a disaster waiting to happen ...

Hi, I live overseas and am planning to go to SDCC this year for the first time. Need to plan my leave and other . its a huge cost to me

I already signed up to get a member ID. But what are the chances of getting a badge i.e, ticket to go to SDCC ? i have heard of website crashes and tickets selling out in 100min ! is it really so difficult to get the badges ?

any info is greatly appreciated . Thank you

Hi, I live overseas and am planning to go to SDCC this year for the first time. Need to plan my leave and other . its a huge cost to me

I already signed up to get a member ID. But what are the chances of getting a badge i.e, ticket to go to SDCC ? i have heard of website crashes and tickets selling out in 100min ! is it really so difficult to get the badges ?

any info is greatly appreciated . Thank you

It's pretty tough these days, but you can buy for 3 members once you are in the room, so if you can find two other friends who also need badges and pool up together you'll have a little better chance.

Good Luck!