• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kong: Skull Island (3/10/17)
2 2

150 posts in this topic

Legendary Announces New KING KONG Film - "SKULL ISLAND"

--------------------------

Legendary Entertainment threw out what may be the biggest curveball at San Diego Comic-Con when they announced a new King Kong movie with a quick teaser trailer. The film will be called Skull Island and will open, November 4, 2016.

--------------------------

kingkong9969banner.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

I hate that Peter Jackson's movie didn't get more love.

I personally loved it... even though I do wish it had been 30 minutes shorter :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

Took to much time to get to the dam Gorilla

I personally loved it... even though I do wish it had been 30 minutes shorter :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

I thought it was awesome too... most people I know didn't agree hm

xxx ooo

Rupp

Took to much time to get to the dam Gorilla

Have you guys seen the Director's Cut? The finale takes forrrrrrrrrrreverrrrrrrrrrrrr. But, I liked it's moments. I prefer the uncut 1933 original though as a time capsule of America at the height of the Depression. Faye Wray is still the hottest on-scream queen of all-time too. :luhv:

Have you guys seen the Director's Cut? The finale takes forrrrrrrrrrreverrrrrrrrrrrrr. But, I liked it's moments. I prefer the uncut 1933 original though as a time capsule of America at the height of the Depression. Faye Wray is still the hottest on-scream queen of all-time too. :luhv:

It is amazing to me how well the '33 flick has held up over these years. Imagine folks viewing it for the first time then. They were blown away. And Faye Wray was a looker for sure.

faywray.jpg

It is amazing to me how well the '33 flick has held up over these years. Imagine folks viewing it for the first time then. They were blown away. And Faye Wray was a looker for sure.

faywray.jpg

:cloud9:

:applause:

‘King Kong’: First Footage Of ‘Skull Island’ Movie Revealed

----------------------------

As Legendary Entertainment company was closing out its panel at Comic-Con on July 26, the company’s CEO Thomas Tull teased the crowd by saying one very exciting line!

“We have been tinkering around with one thing,” Thomas said, according to MTV. At that point, the never-before-announced movie Skull Island was revealed — and footage from the flick began to play for the stunned crowd!

Mashable saw the teaser at the panel. They describe it as a thrilling sneak peek at what could be an EPIC movie!

“The teaser started with the camera panning over a roiling sea, leading to an island of dense jungle and obscured beasts. The shot tracked into a skull-shaped rock outcropping where something stirred — something big — and then rose, with the dark profile of a giant ape. He roared, he beat his chest, and the words ‘Legendary’s Skull Island’ appeared,” they report.

----------------------------

:whee:

Director Joe Cornish Wanted For KING KONG Prequel, SKULL ISLAND

------------------------

"I’m told they’ve offered the directing job to Joe Cornish, who has been offered big movies since his low-budget alien-invasion breakthrough pic Attack The Block. I’m not sure if Cornish will take the job because he’s offered so much — like Universal’s Section Six, the Aaron Berg-scripted drama about the formation of MI6 Brit intelligence branch, for instance." - Deadline

------------------------

xxx ooo

Rupp

..... it still remains one of the few movies that goes in my DVD player when I just can't decide what to watch..... I never get tired of it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There's one approach to breaking out from a supervillain role.

Tom Hiddleston To Star In King Kong Origin Pic Skull Island

--------------------

We got the teaser image for Skull Island during Comic-Con. Now Deadline is reporting that Legendary Pictures has set up Jordan Vogt-Roberts to helm and Tom Hiddleston to star in the King Kong origin story.

--------------------

KING KONG Origin Movie SKULL ISLAND Gets A New Writer

-------------------

According to Deadline, Legendary Pictures have turned to Flight writer John Gatins to pen the next draft of Skull Island. The movie is set to be released on November 4th, 2016 (the same date as Doctor Strange, so Legendary may want to consider moving) and Jordan Vogt-Roberts is directing. The Avengers and Thor: The Dark World star Tom Hiddleston meanwhile is attached to take on a leading role.

-------------------

Looks like there is a title and release date change.

'King Kong' Origin SKULL ISLAND Gets A New Title; Backs Down From DOCTOR STRANGE

-------------------

Kong: Skull Island has been pushed back to March 10th, 2017. It was originally set to open opposite Doctor Strange on November 4th, 2016

-------------------