• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kong: Skull Island (3/10/17)
2 2

150 posts in this topic

Looks like there is a title and release date change.

'King Kong' Origin SKULL ISLAND Gets A New Title; Backs Down From DOCTOR STRANGE

-------------------

Kong: Skull Island has been pushed back to March 10th, 2017. It was originally set to open opposite Doctor Strange on November 4th, 2016

-------------------

Smart move on their part.

Suggested reading is an original Doc Savage novel by Will Murray with Doc meeting his father and traveling to Skull Island to look for his adventurer grandfather. Of course they meet Kong. Great read! Available in both hard and soft covers.

The cast continues to build.

J.K. Simmons Lands Role In KONG: SKULL ISLAND

------------------

Deadline report that the awesome J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man, OZ, Juno, Whiplash) will be joining Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers, Thor when we return to King Kong's home next year.

------------------

And brief details on why 'Skull Island' as a movie focus.

------------------

"Previous works have touched on the island, but staying on and exploring this mysterious and dangerous place offers Legendary the opportunity to take audiences deeper inside this rich world with a style and scope that parallels other Legendary productions."

------------------

Have you guys seen the Director's Cut? The finale takes forrrrrrrrrrreverrrrrrrrrrrrr. But, I liked it's moments. I prefer the uncut 1933 original though as a time capsule of America at the height of the Depression. Faye Wray is still the hottest on-scream queen of all-time too. :luhv:

It is amazing to me how well the '33 flick has held up over these years. Imagine folks viewing it for the first time then. They were blown away. And Faye Wray was a looker for sure.

faywray.jpg

+1

:applause:

And brief details on why 'Skull Island' as a movie focus.

------------------

"Previous works have touched on the island, but staying on and exploring this mysterious and dangerous place offers Legendary the opportunity to take audiences deeper inside this rich world with a style and scope that parallels other Legendary productions."

------------------

Working title - Skull Island: The Dharma Initiative

The_Hatch.jpg

I hate that Peter Jackson's movie didn't get more love.

I personally loved it... even though I do wish it had been 30 minutes shorter :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

The man got carried away. A good editor could make that into a great movie by losing about an hour and a few dozen dinosaurs. Specifically the stampede and trapeze scenes. It's too bad no one's ever attempted to salvage it.

I hate that Peter Jackson's movie didn't get more love.

I personally loved it... even though I do wish it had been 30 minutes shorter :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

The man got carried away. A good editor could make that into a great movie by losing about an hour and a few dozen dinosaurs. Specifically the stampede and trapeze scenes. It's too bad no one's ever attempted to salvage it.

....... not me. It's one of my favorite movies of all time..... and I love all the extra time they spent building up the characters and I flat out LOVE dinosaurs and giant bugs ...... I never understood how so many boardies didn't like it ..... I'd have thought it was right up our alley.... but that just shows what a diverse lot we are. I've always liked movies with a slow reveal. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I didn't say I didn't like them, just too many and too drawn out. The scenes that bothered me are the ones that seemed a bit silly - like when they were running between the legs of the stampeding bronto's - it just didn't seem realistic, and again when the tyrannosauruses were doing a trapeze act. There's a lot of great material in the film, it just needs some of the brush cleared so we can see it. Jackson is a great moviemaker, he just doesn't know the meaning of concise.

I mean The Hobbit in 3 films :cry:

Hobbit definitely didn't need three..... plus I lose interest in films that are split into installments and spread over years. I haven't seen any of them at the theatre ...... I don't like the idea of leaving with the story up in the air. GOD BLESS....

Hobbit definitely didn't need three..... plus I lose interest in films that are split into installments and spread over years. I haven't seen any of them at the theatre ...... I don't like the idea of leaving with the story up in the air. GOD BLESS....

Ditto. But I will say the man is a genius as far as how he's evolved the medium further than anyone has in the last decade, with the possible exception of Cameron.

He's a director that is in the category of those not likely to disappoint. I place him with Spielberg, Lucas, and Cameron as artists whose efforts have had subtle yet profound effects on my life...... GOD BLESS....

.....don't tell anyone that I also like Tarentino flicks.....

Jackson was going to make The Hobbit over two movies. The studio is the one that came up with spreading this over three movies for some $trange reason. Very $trange.

Birdman may potentially join the cast.

Michael Keaton In Talks To Join KONG: SKULL ISLAND

---------------------

Though they make no mention of the role he'd be playing, Deadline report that Michael Keaton (Birdman, Batman, The Other Guys) is in negotiations to star in Kong: Skull Island alongside Tom Hiddleston and J.K. Simmons. Late last year the Legendary Pictures film backed away from its original release date - and Marvels Doctor Strange - and will now hit theaters March 10th, 2017.

---------------------

07b.jpg

Have you guys seen the Director's Cut? The finale takes forrrrrrrrrrreverrrrrrrrrrrrr. But, I liked it's moments. I prefer the uncut 1933 original though as a time capsule of America at the height of the Depression. Faye Wray is still the hottest on-scream queen of all-time too. :luhv:

It is amazing to me how well the '33 flick has held up over these years. Imagine folks viewing it for the first time then. They were blown away. And Faye Wray was a looker for sure.

faywray.jpg

The March 6, 1933 Variety had a kind of weird review of the KING KONG.

http://variety.com/1933/film/reviews/king-kong-2-1200410783/

faywray.jpg

Interesting.

hm

faywray.jpg

Interesting.

hm

They obviously didn't have spoiler tags in '33. :o

J.K. Simmons Reveals Some Intriguing KONG: SKULL ISLAND Details

----------------

It seems this movie won't only take place on the prehistoric island of the title, as the Whiplash actor reveals that it will, at least partially, be set in Detroit in 1971! “It’s where I grew up,” he told the site, “and we’re going to shoot in Detroit during baseball season, so I’ll get to go to Tigers games. There’s a lot to like about [making] this movie.” That's obviously set many years after the original story was, so this clearly won't be a prequel to the Peter Jackson's King Kong.

----------------

J.K. Simmons Reveals Some Intriguing KONG: SKULL ISLAND Details

----------------

It seems this movie won't only take place on the prehistoric island of the title, as the Whiplash actor reveals that it will, at least partially, be set in Detroit in 1971! “It’s where I grew up,” he told the site, “and we’re going to shoot in Detroit during baseball season, so I’ll get to go to Tigers games. There’s a lot to like about [making] this movie.” That's obviously set many years after the original story was, so this clearly won't be a prequel to the Peter Jackson's King Kong.

----------------

1971 Detroit could always be a springboard where a flashback narrative begins ...... (shrug) GOD BLESS....