• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kong: Skull Island (3/10/17)
2 2

150 posts in this topic

I've been a Kong fiend since I was a kid, so I can't not like it..... but it wasn't quite the spectacular that I had been led to believe it would be. It did have several interesting characters and the sets and locations were fantastic, so I'm giving it a B+ ....... and my biggest complaint was the size of Kong...... just a bit too big for the environment. The GOG trailer looked good as did Ghost in the Shell. The deep fried artichoke hearts were succulent at Movie Tavern. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

34 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I've been a Kong fiend since I was a kid, so I can't not like it..... but it wasn't quite the spectacular that I had been led to believe it would be. It did have several interesting characters and the sets and locations were fantastic, so I'm giving it a B+ ....... and my biggest complaint was the size of Kong...... just a bit too big for the environment. The GOG trailer looked good as did Ghost in the Shell. The deep fried artichoke hearts were succulent at Movie Tavern. GOD BLESS...

The reason for the size change is they are setting this up for the Godzilla vs King Kong movie in 2020.

All information here about it.

http://screenrant.com/kong-skull-island-godzilla-vs-kong-monsterverse/

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I liked it but was a bit dissapointed by the main enemy monster, seemed rather generic. I was hoping for more of an explanation of the giant apes origins regarding the hollow earth theory too. I really enjoyed the spider and squid scenes! (thumbsu

11 hours ago, Jayman said:

I liked it but was a bit dissapointed by the main enemy monster, seemed rather generic. I was hoping for more of an explanation of the giant apes origins regarding the hollow earth theory too. I really enjoyed the spider and squid scenes! (thumbsu

The squid scene was probably my favorite.... GOD BLESS...

On 3/26/2017 at 5:58 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Kong king in China box office.

The Insane Amount Of Money Kong: Skull Island Opened To In China!

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1639950/the-insane-amount-of-money-kong-skull-island-opened-to-in-china

well they did name one of their biggest cities after him!

9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

20 hours ago, Jayman said:

The squid scene was probably my favorite.... GOD BLESS...

A little calamari during a fight is a good thing! (thumbsu

I really wasn't expecting a whole lot going into the movie.  I mean, I'm a big fan of Kong and Godzilla and just know the flops the past few movies of both characters have been.  Girlfriend bought us a pair of tickets in advanced and was pretty jazzed to go, so I was all about it.  I'm glad it wasn't a rehash of previous Kong movies.  Had a decent storyline and was cool to see it set up in the Vietnam era.  Had a pretty awesome soundtrack too!  All in all, I give it a 7.0 out of 10.  :headbang:

On 3/28/2017 at 10:36 PM, Jayman said:

Yeah, those lizard beasts were lazy designs and the worse thing about a hugely entertaining movie.