• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

That was Ryan Reynolds' voice, right?

From the Facebook page referencing this test footage:

Tim Miller's 'Deadpool' Test Footage Starring Ryan Reynolds Leaks!

Back in 2009 Fox announced that Ryan Reynolds (X-Men: Origins Wolverine) had signed onto an origin Deadpool film after playing Wade Wilson in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Then Zombieland screenwriters Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese were brought on to pen the -script which was going to be a Hard R.

The -script leaked online in 2010 and was actually met with amazing praise and anticipation.

Then the studio decided that a R rated superhero (Anti-Hero) would never work at the box office and the movie has sat in limbo ever since.

Tim Miller was brought on as director in 2012 and even shot test footage in 2012 with Ryan Reynolds but it was never seen by the public....until today! -

don't know how long this will last!!!

Not a fan... if he can't die, where's the drama? Deadpool has about as much excitement as Superman facing a purse snatcher. Before anyone says, "it's great! Go read some!"... no.

+1

I have never been a fan of this character.

I suppose you guys don't like Wolverine either for the same reasons? A character can be "invincible" but still be entertaining. Half of the fun of Deadpool is his snark, the other half is seeing him be destroyed over and over again.

I suppose you guys don't like Wolverine either for the same reasons? A character can be "invincible" but still be entertaining. Half of the fun of Deadpool is his snark, the other half is seeing him be destroyed over and over again.

I like wolverine fine, I don't like the snarky mouthy copy.

If Deadpool is the "second coming" so to speak, then why hasn't a movie been rushed out yet? Fox has one of the most popular characters in comics just sitting in limbo.

Maybe the whole 4th wall thing is a lot harder to portray on film, without it coming off as overly cheesy. Guardians of the Galaxy will have 2 movies out before Deadpool gets one.

I like wolverine fine, I don't like the snarky mouthy copy.

Wolverine and Superman have always been practically indestructible, with Superman being near invincible. The story though is the psychological trauma that comes with it. Wolverine watches everyone around him die as was explored well in the last Wolverine movie. I forget which writer said this, but said the story of Superman these days is how a God reacts with unlimited power but who cannot be everywhere at once. Does Superman save the crashing plane on one side of the planet or the people trapped in a burning building on the other. Superman is always a good read (at least for me) when they explore the issues that come with near god hood.