• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

I watched this again this past week. I enjoyed the movie when I saw it in theaters and laughed at most of the jokes. While I did find the jokes very hit or miss, it was a good movie. Upon a second watch, I still thought it was a good movie, but it wasn't as funny. The jokes didn't hit for me and this is one that won't get as many repeat viewings as say, GotG, which I still find funny every time.

Don't tell anyone but I enjoyed Deadpool more than BvS and Civil War :insane:lol:banana:
you're not the only one ;)

:o

While I love Civil War,I enjoyed Deadpool more.

I loved it so much I saw it twice :roflmao:

Don't tell anyone, but I liked it better than The Danish Girl. :o

Although the Japanese market let Deadpool open up on a Wednesday, there are no results yet. But it is still early in the morning there, so just a little more time to collect the night's results.

:popcorn:

I didn't even think about all the lighting and reflection special effects which had to be considered when making Colossus.

One character took quite a bit of talent in order to pull his appearance off. I think they did an incredible job!

:applause:

I'm not seeing Japan's box office results noted. Yet the international numbers have jumped a few million.

ceejfOu.png

FjioiCT.png

13.3X Revenue Ratio - No Marvel movie has accomplished this, ever!

Japan Box Office: 'Deadpool' Dethrones 'Zootopia'

Opening on Wednesday, the raunchy anti-superhero flick took $6.5 million in its first five days on a big 751-screen release and landed the biggest opening for an X-Men related film.

Deadpool ended Zootopia's monthlong run atop the box office with a weekend $3.6 million bow from 248,473 tickets sold on Saturday and Sunday.

Taken together with its Wednesday opening, Deadpool had a five-day take of $6.5 million. The R15 (restricted to 15-years-old and above) rating didn't stop the Tim Miller-directed raunchy anti-hero landing Fox its biggest opening for an X-Men universe title.

I didn't even think about all the lighting and reflection special effects which had to be considered when making Colossus.

One character took quite a bit of talent in order to pull his appearance off. I think they did an incredible job!

By far, my favorite version of the character.

I always thought he was too shiny in the X-films.

Deadpool: How James Cameron & David Fincher Helped Get the Movie Made

Deadpool succeeded thanks to inventive action, a witty -script, a standout lead performance from Ryan Reynolds, a self-aware tone that at times flirted with academic postmodernism and the strategic deployment of Sinead O’Connor jokes. Now, we’ve learned a bit more about how Deadpool came to the screen- it turns out two A-list directors, James Cameron and David Fincher, helped shepherd the movie towards a green light.

According to an interview with IGN.com, both director Tim Miller and co-screenwriter Rhett Reese said that the directors had a part to play in convincing Fox to go ahead with the film. According to Reese:

“They read the -script, each of them at two independent key moments during the -script’s development… And each one of them was kind enough to go to 20th Century Fox and essentially throw in their good word just saying ‘Hey, what are you guys doing with Deadpool? You should be making this!’ David was a help before Jim and he was just kind of nudging along the way. And then Jim ultimately weighed in in a key decision node moment and got Fox to free up some money to try a PG-13 draft at the time – that was not Jim’s idea, that was Fox’s idea.”

Miller, the director, agreed, while expressing some reluctance about making the information public:

“First of all they’re probably mad at me for ever having… because that was never intended to be public knowledge! Listen – the industry listens to tastemakers and you could not find two gentlemen who have better taste in what should become a movie or be made into a movie and so I just thought that maybe they could help push the boulder up the hill a little bit, which they kindly did.”

:o

Deadpool is definitely delivering big numbers in Japan for a non-team Marvel movie.

qVq2hIR.png

Crazy that it even topped Civil War in that market by a substantial amount, yet was released long after that film.

Civil War release: April 29th

Deadpool release: June 1st

aXSZ5iF.png

oZXmbJA.png

Let's hope they keep that movie magic for a few more films.

Deadpool has achieved $16,650,821 at the Japanese box office, which tracks much higher than the average single comic book character film.

OK8KPtd.png

xrTIJW7.png

Even when comparing Deadpooil's domestic versus international box office results, there is a fairly even spread as opposed to a dependency on the international markets.

Don't you mean a little less. that's 2 million less than the previous chart.

The previous chart is from weekend estimates with a delayed international update. I've noticed Deadpool international estimates will come in high. Then it drops $2-$3 MM like overstated numbers are reported from certain regions.

It's not the first time for Deadpool I've noticed that drop. One weekend it was $734 MM and then it went down $2 MM.

Don't you mean a little less. that's 2 million less than the previous chart.

The previous chart is from weekend estimates with a delayed international update. I've noticed Deadpool international estimates will come in high. Then it drops $2-$3 MM like overstated numbers are reported from certain regions.

It's not the first time for Deadpool I've noticed that drop. One weekend it was $734 MM and then it went down $2 MM.

Gotcha. Thanks.