• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sending to CGC

28 posts in this topic

still sounds like a good deal for 4 free submissions

It is the only reason I join these days. Everything else is in a bag and board to cut down on space. I already have a few hundred slabs.

Which reminds me, I need to do some pruning soon.

It is the only reason I join these days. Everything else is in a bag and board to cut down on space. I already have a few hundred slabs.

Prune away, my yard looks scarce, could use some new shrubs

I really do not understand why they cannot be grouped together. If Amazon can do it on special request, I am sure CGC could find a way. Please do not try (anyone) to convince me that CGC has more to keep track of than Amazon.

I don't understand why CGC does lots of things. I can only hope they change their ways regarding the head scratching policies/decisions they have made.

Prune away, my yard looks scarce, could use some new shrubs

With the exception of ASM 102, I have all of the keys 9.0-9.6 from 101-200 and along with other issues, have 26% of the run. I have been debating completing that next section of a slabbed ASM run.

I really do not understand why they cannot be grouped together. If Amazon can do it on special request, I am sure CGC could find a way. Please do not try (anyone) to convince me that CGC has more to keep track of than Amazon.

It's for insurance reasons. CGC doesn't want to keep stacks of books sitting around the office when they're ready to be shipped out.

I'm not sure I follow your Amazon example - if you place an order with Amazon that contains an item that's in stock and one that's backordered, Amazon's not going to hold the in-stock item and ship them together either.

quick question about sending books to cgc with different tiers.

I know I need to do seperate invoices for each tier but when I get to the last step it shows shipping of like $30.00 for each tier.

So if I have 2 tiers ive got too pay $60.00 to ship even though they will be shipped in same box at no additional cost?

???

The 2 tiers won't be shipped together - you'll receive 2 individual shipments, one for each tier.

It's for insurance reasons. CGC doesn't want to keep stacks of books sitting around the office when they're ready to be shipped out.

I'm not sure I follow your Amazon example - if you place an order with Amazon that contains an item that's in stock and one that's backordered, Amazon's not going to hold the in-stock item and ship them together either.

Amazon has the option at checkout to ship as items become available and there is an option to group items in to as few parcels as possible. The few parcels as possible bars potential problems as an item being delayed or backordered to a date that is beyond a reasonable amount of time.

If I send a few books utilizing 'modern fast track' which has an advertised turnaround time of 15 days along with a a few silver age books or high value modern books utilizing the 'standard' service, which also has an advertised turnaround time of 15 days, they should be able to group those books together. If you want to say that their advertised turnaround times are not realistic and that they are delayed, that is fine and I will not nitpick. However the delays are somewhat around the same timeframe in each class. If CGC is not going to do anything to compensate the client for delays in their advertised turn around times, then they should at the least not ship separately and ding the customer twice on shipping whenever possible.

Amazon has the option at checkout to ship as items become available and there is an option to group items in to as few parcels as possible. The few parcels as possible bars potential problems as an item being delayed or backordered to a date that is beyond a reasonable amount of time.

If I send a few books utilizing 'modern fast track' which has an advertised turnaround time of 15 days along with a a few silver age books or high value modern books utilizing the 'standard' service, which also has an advertised turnaround time of 15 days, they should be able to group those books together. If you want to say that their advertised turnaround times are not realistic and that they are delayed, that is fine and I will not nitpick. However the delays are somewhat around the same timeframe in each class. If CGC is not going to do anything to compensate the client for delays in their advertised turn around times, then they should at the least not ship separately and ding the customer twice on shipping whenever possible.

I can only speak for myself, but in the couple of cases where I actually did what you described above (subbed 2 invoices with tiers that had the same turnaround time), CGC didn't have any problems shipping the books together after I requested it.

What I would assume they'd flat out decline is a request to hold a modern invoice whilst an economy or value submission gets finalized - because this might mean them having to store the books for months :shrug: