• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC stepped up and fixed the problem. Kudos!

155 posts in this topic

So the owner is now forced to sell his book?

I doubt it, but if I could get 1.5 yellow/purple label price for this otherwise purple label I'd take it. He was clearly in this for the resale anyway per his OP.

Yellow Purple label SS 1.8 signed by Stan sold in July APRIL 2013 for $2500 hm

What's that put this one's value at ? hm

I doubt it, but if I could get 1.5 yellow/purple label price for this otherwise purple label I'd take it. He was clearly in this for the resale anyway per his OP.

Yellow Purple label SS 1.8 signed by Stan sold in July 2013 for $2500 hm

And is it reported to GPA?

Yellow Purple label SS 1.8 signed by Stan sold in July 2013 for $2500 hm

I wouldn't want to quote a year old sale on a a Hulk #1, the book is well beyond those prices now.

Yellow Purple label SS 1.8 signed by Stan sold in July APRIL 2013 for $2500 hm

And is it reported to GPA?

Yep... but it's April and not July ... too much moonshine today ;)

This is on me. I asked for the book back. Kenny works for CCS so i thought there was more to it. I was wrong. That's my fault.

I have asked for the book back. I will buy it.

Need a #2-6 to complete the run? :wishluck:

This is on me. I asked for the book back. Kenny works for CCS so i thought there was more to it. I was wrong. That's my fault.

I have asked for the book back. I will buy it.

Need a #2-6 to complete the run? :wishluck:

^^

I applaud the quick resolution and stepping up.

But what was the "more to it" that would justify the reslabbing and certifying of a non-CCS cracked book? (or was the misunderstanding that CGC thought the cracking had been done by CCS?)

But what was the "more to it" that would justify the reslabbing and certifying of a non-CCS cracked book? (or was the misunderstanding that CGC thought the cracking had been done by CCS?)

My interpretation was that Paul mistakenly thought that Kenny had cracked the book.

Just out of curiosity, what does "buying the book back" do other than demonstrate that money makes the problem go away?

Or maybe I am misunderstanding this.

Or maybe, just "cool books."

or maybe... maybe, "I'm Amazed"

Paul-McCartney-Wings-pictures-1975-GS-3001-011-l.jpg

Misunderstanding on my part. Skimming a PM while working and thinking, "Oh, this must be what Kenny told me about." and moving on.

Just out of curiosity, what does "buying the book back" do other than demonstrate that money makes the problem go away?

It prevents a book from being in a Yellow label that shouldn't be in a Yellow label. Once the horse has left the barn, there is not much left to do except go get that annoying horse, and put a bullet in it.

It prevents a book from being in a Yellow label that shouldn't be in a Yellow label. Once the horse has left the barn, there is not much left to do except go get that annoying horse, and put a bullet in it.

I still say that Paul needs to put an :takeit: down.

Rules are rules! :sumo:

And then go back to grading my books. :grin:

My interpretation was that Paul mistakenly thought that Kenny had cracked the book.

Yup. Kenny and Todd aren't at fault. It was my misunderstanding of the events.