• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone seen a Sin City preview yet?

34 posts in this topic

Don Butler of CBG writes Frank Miller's Ronin features some of his best artwork and most compelling storytelling. Will the Sin City buzz carry over to his mid 1980 DC series? i HIGHLY recommend to anybody who hasn't read this series to pick it up and read it. gossip.gifheadbang.gif

I'm bringing this thread back up to date because.... 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

SIN CITY looks like ONE of the GREATEST MOVIES EVER!!!

..And that song ROCKS!!! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

The panels have come to life here! Truly some masterfull filmmaking and comicmaking coming together better than ever. Jaw-dropping stuff here, no doubt.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Rodriguez is a truly inspiring guy to any independent artist out there. Gotta love everything about this project. cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

A little background.. Big respect to these guys

- After a poor Hollywood experience in the early-'90s, Frank Miller refused to relinquish the movie rights to any of his comic works, "Sin City" in particular. Robert Rodriguez, a longtime fan of the comic, filmed his own "audition" for the director's spot in secret. The footage, shot in early 2004, featured Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton acting out the "Sin City" short-story "The Customer is Always Right". He presented the finished footage to Miller with the proclamation: "If you like this, this will be the opening to the movie. If not, you'll have your own short film to show your friends." Miller approved of the footage and the film was underway. Rodriguez also screened the footage for each of the actors he wanted to cast in the film - all of whom are reported to have been instantly amazed.

- Rodriguez, who credits Miller's visual style in the comic as relevant as his own in the film, insisted that Miller receive a "co-director" credit with him. The Directors' Guild of America would not allow it. As a result, Rodriguez resigned from the DGA, saying "It was easier for me to quietly resign before shooting because otherwise I'd be forced to make compromises I was unwilling to make or set a precedent that might hurt the guild later on." Unfortunately, by resigning from the DGA, Rodriguez was also forced to relinquish his director's seat on the film John Carter of Mars (2006) (at the time "A Princess of Mars" after the book on which it was based) for Paramount. Rodriguez had already signed-on and been announced as director of that film when the DGA situation took place, planning to begin filming soon after wrapping this film.

headbang.gif

- Originally, the film was going to include the story featured in the "Sin City" maxi-series "To Hell And Back", with Johnny Depp in the lead role as Wallace. This was scrapped before production began but will most likely be filmed for a sequel as Rodriguez plans to film all of Miller's stories at some point.

...ALL the stories!! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

- Originally, the film was going to include the story featured in the "Sin City" maxi-series "To Hell And Back", with Johnny Depp in the lead role as Wallace. This was scrapped before production began but will most likely be filmed for a sequel as Rodriguez plans to film all of Miller's stories at some point.

...ALL the stories!! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gifheadbang.gifyay.giftakeit.gif

I'd like to hear some more reponses on this...Fellas? Opinions? gossip.gif

Preview looks great, impressive cast. I've nothing new to add to previous posters except that I agree and am also looking forward to it. I saw the full preview before The Aviator, so see The Aviator - an awesome movie in itself - and you should be able to see the full theater preview.

Joe

PS - In case anyone doesn't know, the FF preview can be seen if you see Electra!