• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WALKING DEAD Issue #1 Splash Page

125 posts in this topic

WALKING DEAD Issue #1 Splash Page

This is where it all started! Rick Grimes, the protagonist of the now widely popular Walking Dead franchise wakes up in his hospital bed, unaware of the new and dangerous world he is now a part of! Fans of the series know that this story is not about the undead, but rather the living and their struggle for survival. Who could have guessed that over ten years after this issue debuted, the indie comic following Rick Grimes and his horrific story of survival would prove to be a pop-culture juggernaut! Having just released its 129th issue, and inspiring a television show that continues its 5th season this fall, The Walking Dead isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

For those who are looking to obtain that perfect Walking Dead page from the original artist, this beautifully rendered piece is not to be missed! Moore only drew for the first six issues, and pages from these early books do not come up for sale often. It is also rumored that Moore is no longer selling Walking Dead pages from his personal collection. This has created a frenzy among collectors to snag a page before they're all tucked away in private collections. This piece is sure to draw the attention of serious Walking Dead and original art collectors. Bidding will reflect just how special this splash page truly is.

There is a coffee stain on the back of the page which does not bleed through or effect the actual artwork.

We realize many of you would like to bid on this auction lot, so for this listing, ComicConnect.com offers a 6 month, interest free, time payment plan with a 20% non-refundable deposit. Time Payments invoices can only be paid by cash, check, money order or wire transfer.

Click HERE to bid!

wal17456a_zpsd6f25651.jpg

I dont follow this market really at all but it seems this piece has sold a number of times in a relative short amount time...why is that? I'd imagine this would be a grail for someone yet it keeps changing hands

This is my page. I drove it up to Vincent last month. I am sad to see it go.

Could of saved you the gas money lol

Only joking and good luck with the sale.

It will be interesting to watch...... nice splash.