• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WALKING DEAD Issue #1 Splash Page

125 posts in this topic

WOW..........that's all I can say.

A couple of people must really want it.

I was thinking 15 on a great day....... Just goes to show its hard to try and figure out prices, when the market seems to be expanding at such a fast rate.

You would be out if your mind to pay this a year ago or at least there might not have be the market last year as there is now.

Looks like page one holders can't go wrong.........I understand this is a page two splash but it has to help the value of the issue one pages.

I'm glad an auction like this proves to naysayers who think "The Walking Dead" is all temporary hype - -

It's still strong after its debut over a decade ago in 2003 - - It is not a flash in the pan nor fad, but has had more longevity than most Marvel titles in that the numbering is over the #125th issue and continuing strong (none of this re-numbering relaunching in the name of marketing another #1 issue nonsense).

I think regardless of the TV show, and yes, we all know there will come a day when it is cancelled and end, just as all shows (other than "The Simpsons") do within a dozen or less seasons... but I think the comic book is still resilient with good writing and artwork, so should continue to survive well beyond the life of the TV show, so long as Robert Kirkman is involved.

I'd love to see this historic page exceed $25k, with no vested interest personally nor financially... but would predict it's going to go for $21,000 if I had to guess the final sales price given it's already at $15,950 = http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=567891

I wonder if this page would sell higher if offered up through higher profile auction houses like Heritage or ComicLink... ???

I'm glad an auction like this proves to naysayers who think "The Walking Dead" is all temporary hype - -

It's still strong after its debut over a decade ago in 2003 - - It is not a flash in the pan nor fad, but has had more longevity than most Marvel titles in that the numbering is over the #125th issue and continuing strong (none of this re-numbering relaunching in the name of marketing another #1 issue nonsense).

I think regardless of the TV show, and yes, we all know there will come a day when it is cancelled and end, just as all shows (other than "The Simpsons") do within a dozen or less seasons... but I think the comic book is still resilient with good writing and artwork, so should continue to survive well beyond the life of the TV show, so long as Robert Kirkman is involved.

I'd love to see this historic page exceed $25k, with no vested interest personally nor financially... but would predict it's going to go for $21,000 if I had to guess the final sales price given it's already at $15,950 = http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=567891

I wonder if this page would sell higher if offered up through higher profile auction houses like Heritage or ComicLink... ???

I think both the seller and buyer are going to be thrilled with this auction, but I've got very much the opposite view and can't see this as anything other than peak Walking Dead. Time will tell I suppose.

I think both the seller and buyer are going to be thrilled with this auction, but I've got very much the opposite view and can't see this as anything other than peak Walking Dead. Time will tell I suppose.

If there ever were a peak, this would be it. I never thought about selling my issue 1 page, but this may just be too good to pass up on.

At some point, something sticks around in peoples' hearts and minds long enough to entrench itself into pop culture, regardless of TV show cancellation, etc. I think WD has achieved that status; people won't just forget about the show and the comic after the show ends (like they did with, say, "Lost") - I think it'll be one of the defining, iconic pop culture properties of the 2010s for quite some time to come.

Not that prices can't come down, but some of the comparisons to TV shows that came and went or flash-in-the-pan indie comics (e.g., Fish Police) that boomed and busted I think are way off the mark. That said, while the seller is 100% happy about this sale, I'm 100% out of the bidding at this level. I was interested at $10-$12K, but at $16.4K and rising... :sick:

I had a long pause earlier today and thought really hard, but just can't justify going after it. I would have never thought this thing would hit 20k, and that's not necessarily out of the realm of possibility.

It might not after all...............the last minute bidders that are on the fence can't get on to register or bid.

Maybe they just made my mind up for me........it might be for the best anyway.

It's back up but an hour's worth of auctions are now gone....

Shortspanishguy - can you please text Vincent and ask what his plan is for the A to B titled auctioned that got lost during the crash? Thanks.