• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WALKING DEAD Issue #1 Splash Page

125 posts in this topic

I'm not a comic guy so that's a no-brainer for me, but given how subjective grading is, I can't imagine going for a 9.9 vs a unique piece of art that wasn't printed by a copier. 7,500 potential options (even thought most aren't close to high grade) vs. 24? Nah.

:popcorn:

It's a nailbiter :ohnoez:

:gossip: James if you dont win this you could always buy my two splashes and have plenty left over for an Aflard cover :baiting:

hm

What two splash would they be............... :popcorn:

Oh no. You lost? :(

(tsk) ............................. (thumbs u

eQ7ChOq.gif

I can live with 21.5k. Im still sad to see this go.

At least my gf will be happy. :_

Congrats! I'd say you made a nice score on that page.

Take 5k of it...buy a WD cover and pocket the rest. :)

WD #1 CGC 9.9 copy was sold for $12K.

WD artboard was sold for $21.5K.

It is priceless.

Was the 9.9 recent? I hear a bunch of 9.9's have been graded fairly recently.

Congrats James!

Interesting that a 9.9 is brought up in comparison now. I asked this question before in Modern (a couple of years ago?): Would boardies rather have a 9.9 or a page from #1? A 9.9 and a nice #1 page had both recently sold for roughly the same price. The choice was virtually unanimous: 9.9 was the clear winner. There were around 10 9.9s in the census at the time, iirc.

I asked the same question again last year. This time, it was about 50/50 between 9.9s and #1 pages. Although each still cost about the same, the number of 9.9s had doubled in the census. By then, there were about the same number of 9.9s as #1 pages (roughly 20 of each).

The variables have changed again, in that the OA is now going to be more expensive than the 9.9. Still, wonder how many would still choose the 9.9 over a #1 page...

I had a WD #1 9.9 and sold it the week it came back from CGC. Wouldn't sell the Tony Moore OA though.

Probably would have kept the WD #1 if it had come back a 9.6 or 9.4... Never expected that my store-bought (and read !) copy would get a 9.9.