• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

Culling Bosco's list, these are the Marvel movies I could gleen.

• May 1, 2015 – The Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • June 19, 2015 – Fantastic Four
  • July 17, 2015 – Ant-Man

• May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War
  • May 27, 2016 – X-Men: Apocalypse
  • November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange
  • November 11, 2016 – Sinister Six

• 2017 – Venom Carnage
  • 2017 – Unannounced Female Character Spider-Man Movie
  • March 3, 2017 – Wolverine 3 (Untitled)
  • May 5, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2
  • July 28, 2017 - THOR: Ragnarok!
  • July 14, 2017 – Fantastic Four 2
  • November 3, 2017 - Black Panther

• 2018 – The Amazing Spider-Man 3
  • May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1
  • July 6, 2018 - Captain Marvel (Marvel)
  • July 13, 2018 – Unannounced X-Men Movie
  • November 2, 2018 - The Inhumans (Marvel)

• May 3, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2

I am looking forward to the Dr. Strange movie the most for some odd reason. I never read the comic books growing up, but seeing magic come to life on the big screen will be a treat and something different than the usual superhero films we have been watching over the last many years.

Between the two companies alone (including Marvel licensed properties), this is one heck of an entertaining list.

• June 19, 2015 – Fantastic Four (Fox)
  • February 12, 2016 - Deadpool (Fox)
  • March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • May 27, 2016 – X-Men: Apocalypse (Fox)
  • August 5, 2016 – Suicide Squad (directed by David Ayers)
  • November 11, 2016 – Sinister Six (Sony)
  • 2017 – Venom Carnage (Sony)
  • 2017 – Unannounced Female Character Spider-Man Movie (Sony)
  • March 3, 2017 – Wolverine 3 (Fox)
  • June 23, 2017 – Wonder Woman
  • July 14, 2017 – Fantastic Four 2 (Fox)
  • November 17, 2017 - Justice League, Part One (directed by Zack Snyder)
  • 2018 – The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (Sony)
  • March 23, 2018 – The Flash (starring Ezra Miller)
  • July 13, 2018 – Unannounced X-Men Movie (Fox)
  • July 27, 2018 – Aquaman (starring Jason Mamoa)
  • April 5th, 2019 – Shazaam (starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson)
  • June 14th, 2019 – Justice League, Part Two (directed by Zack Snyder)
  • April 3rd, 2020 – Cyborg (starring Ray Fisher)
  • June 19th, 2020 – Green Lantern reboot

Edited by Bosco685

Where be the DEADPOOL movie...

Good catch!!

:foryou:

Oh Fox has the rights (I didn't look to see who did) assumed it was Marvel and there would have been something today on it, but seeing how they don't have X-men makes sense they don't have DP. Wasn't pointing out you missed a movie by any means.

Wow 30 Marvel/DC movies over a 5 year period. That's a movie every other month!

Can't help but wonder when we will hit the saturation point. Don't get me wrong, this is all super exciting (especially the next three Avengers movies), but that's a LOT of movies based on superheroes.

Can't help but wonder when we will hit the saturation point. Don't get me wrong, this is all super exciting (especially the next three Avengers movies), but that's a LOT of movies based on superheroes.

yeah this is close to the amount of cowboy movies of the 50's.

the only difference is that those movies were 100% fluff with hardly any substance.

As long as the quality keeps up it should be all good. At least I hope so.

:wishluck:

yeah this is close to the amount of cowboy movies of the 50's.

the only difference is that those movies were 100% fluff with hardly any substance.

As long as the quality keeps up it should be all good. At least I hope so.

:wishluck:

You are right to think of the western craze. I see a lot of similarities so far.

My list of movies that will make my wallet hate me.

• July 1, 2015 – Terminator: Genisys (Terminator 1)
  • December 18, 2015 – Star Wars: Episode VII

• March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • May 27, 2016 – X-Men: Apocalypse
  • August 5, 2016 – Suicide Squad (directed by David Ayers)

• June 23, 2017 – Wonder Woman
  • November 17, 2017 - Justice League, Part One (directed by Zack Snyder)

• March 23, 2018 – The Flash (starring Ezra Miller)
  • July 27, 2018 – Aquaman (starring Jason Mamoa)

• April 5th, 2019 – Shazaam (starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson)
  • June 14th, 2019 – Justice League, Part Two (directed by Zack Snyder)

• April 3rd, 2020 – Cyborg (starring Ray Fisher)
  • June 19th, 2020 – Green Lantern reboot

And now it becomes clear why Marvel held back at SDCC with all these announcements.

Kevin Feige On CBM Oversaturation, DR STRANGE/ CAPTAIN MARVEL Castings And More

-----------------------

"We wanted to do this at Comic Con this year," admitted the producer. "Things were not set. Things for Civil War were not set yet, Guardians hadn’t come out yet, the comfort with dating a few of the other movies wasn’t set yet. So the plan has been, since a few weeks before Comic Con when we realized we weren’t going to be able to do everything we wanted to do, is to decide 'let’s do either something we haven’t done in a long time, or something we’ve never done.' Which is a singular event, just to announce what we have when it’s ready. I thought that might be early August, or mid-September, it ended up being today."

-----------------------

And on Doctor Strange.

-----------------------

Furthmore, Feige also discussed why Benedict Cumberbatch wasn't announced as Doctor Strange today even though recent reports saud that he's in final negotiations. "I can say that if it were confirmed, we would have introduced him," said the producer. "I like that Chadwick [boseman], for the most part — I think there’s always been speculation on lots of good actors for Black Panther — but I’m glad that didn’t leak in earnest, the way every single other actor in human history that is of a certain age has been for Doctor Strange. So along with everything else, [Doctor Strange] will be announced maybe this afternoon? Next week? Next month? Sometime before the release of the movie.

-----------------------

Christopher Nolan Comments On DC's Recently Announced Film Slate

---------------------

"I love working in that field and hopefully I've added something to it. I know to some extent we encouraged more of it. You don’t want Hollywood to hit saturation point with those things. But then Zack Snyder is now doing his part by bringing Batman and Superman into one film [for 2016's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice], so that limits the number!

But yes DC Comics have just announced an enormous number of movies. Well, you know, as long as that’s the ride people want, the studios will continue to offer it. I don’t see it as a limited genre. If I did, I never would have worked for almost ten years in that genre. I think like any genre, like the Western, it has limitless opportunities. It’s just about the audience’s appetite. What’s very important is that the studios be open to making other sorts of films at the same time."

---------------------

Christopher Nolan Comments On DC's Recently Announced Film Slate

---------------------

"I love working in that field and hopefully I've added something to it. I know to some extent we encouraged more of it. You don’t want Hollywood to hit saturation point with those things. But then Zack Snyder is now doing his part by bringing Batman and Superman into one film [for 2016's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice], so that limits the number!

But yes DC Comics have just announced an enormous number of movies. Well, you know, as long as that’s the ride people want, the studios will continue to offer it. I don’t see it as a limited genre. If I did, I never would have worked for almost ten years in that genre. I think like any genre, like the Western, it has limitless opportunities. It’s just about the audience’s appetite. What’s very important is that the studios be open to making other sorts of films at the same time."

---------------------

I love to see Christopher Nolan have a shot at directing a Spider-Man movie. :wishluck:

Jessica Chastain Has Spoken With Marvel About A Future Role...CAPTAIN MARVEL Perhaps?

--------------------

“We’ve talked about aligning our forces in the future. And here’s the thing with me… If you’re going to be in a superhero movie, you only get one chance. You’re that character forever. So why do a superhero movie and play the boring civilian? Whatever it is, I want a fight scene. I could be an incredible villain. I could be a hero. I want a cool outfit, and I want to kick :censored: . There was thing...I don’t want to say too much – but there was one thing, there was a possibility in the future of the character becoming… And I was like, ‘I understand that, but I want to do it now.’"

--------------------

I think her humble outlook will land a big role at Marvel. Iron Man's housemaid? Captain America's masseuse?

picture-1-135239733414.jpg

This is the series of news items DC/Warner should have been cranking out.

LATINO REVIEW Weekend Wrap-Up: DC Films ('BvS,' Suicide Squad, and The Joker!)

At least it is finally doing something.

The Suicide Squad is a DC team of villains who are given a shot at redemption by the government when they're offered a mission that will likely kill them all. Ayer has been quoted as saying the film will be like "The Dirty Dozen with supervillains."

Could this be DC/Warner's 'Guardians of the Galaxy'?

Jessica Chastain Has Spoken With Marvel About A Future Role...CAPTAIN MARVEL Perhaps?

--------------------

“We’ve talked about aligning our forces in the future. And here’s the thing with me… If you’re going to be in a superhero movie, you only get one chance. You’re that character forever. So why do a superhero movie and play the boring civilian? Whatever it is, I want a fight scene. I could be an incredible villain. I could be a hero. I want a cool outfit, and I want to kick :censored: . There was thing...I don’t want to say too much – but there was one thing, there was a possibility in the future of the character becoming… And I was like, ‘I understand that, but I want to do it now.’"

--------------------

I think her humble outlook will land a big role at Marvel. Iron Man's housemaid? Captain America's masseuse?

picture-1-135239733414.jpg

Someone get that lady a sandwich. Skinny I get, skeletal is a total full metal turn-off.