• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

I had this my room. True story - My brother swung a stick at me, missed me but hit Farah and ripped the poster. I missed waking up to her :cry:

Can someone fix this for him?

lol I think he's just missing an 'n'

Well my buddy who bought 120 longboxes of moderns for $200 doesn't plan to slab anything...

don't make people up Kav

I can put you in touch if you're interested

Dude that's less than $2 per longbox.

Almost anybody would take that deal unless they were burnt in a fire or damaged in some kind of flood...

It was one of those I just want this worthless stuff outta my house deals. My buddy called Brian at A1 comics to offer to sell - he actually went through every single box and wasn't interested. Not even for quarter bin fodder. All bagged and boarded and NM but.....DREK

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

angry-old-man.jpg

Well my buddy who bought 120 longboxes of moderns for $200 doesn't plan to slab anything...

don't make people up Kav

I can put you in touch if you're interested

Dude that's less than $2 per longbox.

Almost anybody would take that deal unless they were burnt in a fire or damaged in some kind of flood...

It was one of those I just want this worthless stuff outta my house deals. My buddy called Brian at A1 comics to offer to sell - he actually went through every single box and wasn't interested. Not even for quarter bin fodder. All bagged and boarded and NM but.....DREK

We talking Groo? otherwise I don't believe.

Smiths and Morrissey are classics. Never saw any of the bands live that have been mentioned.

$20 is usually the most I'll pay for a ticket except in rare occurrences. Almost shelled out $100 to see Brand New. I hate to think of what I'd spend if At The Drive In got back together. This is the average live show for me...

I only read the first page of this thread and would agree that most of the modern books are not worth slabbing but that’s only my opinion, we all have one and people can do whatever they want with their money.

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

angry-old-man.jpg

Not really. 1950's war comics is barely past fifty years old.

Tell me about Phish, the Smiths, Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel

I've seen Phish several times in concert. They're all very talented musicians. The Smiths I never cared for...too much "Look at me!" vapor. Buffett is disposable "turn your brain off and drink" good vibes. Billy Joel I really enjoy, both to listen and to play...sooo much talent.

Anyone else as long as we're thread-derailing? :)

Peace,

Chip

Ok derailing, first concerts? Mine was the Cal Jam, Black Sabbath (RJD version), Journey, the Tubes, and the Babys played

The Babys actually reformed after a 32 year hiatus. Released an album a few weeks ago (June 24th) called "I'll Have Some Of That." It's really good. They just left the stage at a festival in Montana (Rockin' The Rivers), with Queensryche (not the Geoff Tate one), Lita Ford, April Wine, and many others.

Great band. Wally Stocker is my cousin, so I happen to be intimately involved, but I've been a fan since the first album.

They opened for Rush (my favorite band) on a number of gigs, and so did Marillion (who I saw mentioned earlier in this thread).

My first concert was Blue Oyster Cult on the Mirrors tour, Ian Hunter Band (with Mick Ronson) opening, at the Hollywood Sportatorium (RIP), Hollywood, Florida.

My second concert was Black Sabbath with RJD on the Heaven and Hell tour.

It don't matter to me how people spend their money, i do think slabbing moderns is a waste of $$$ unless is like a 1:200 variant that is a 9.8 candidate, people need to do their homework and be smart about this hobby.

It don't matter to me how people spend their money, i do think slabbing moderns is a waste of $$$ unless is like a 1:200 variant that is a 9.8 candidate, people need to do their homework and be smart about this hobby.

One of your last 3 purchases was an ASM 607 slab ;)

In my experience, not very much. At all.

:headbang:

Speaking of KISS posters, how much would it suck to grow up without this in your room?

KISS-Poster.jpg

Had that poster on my wall as well ... wish I still had it ! :cloud9:

Black cat collector, one of the few moderns in my PC.

Black cat collector, one of the few moderns in my PC.

That's fine. But what you and the OP need to recognize is that if we took moderns out of this hobby, it would eventually die. Moderns help keep his hobby current, vibrant, and flourishing.