• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, tv horror said:
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

O the horror :eek:

That's the sound I make when I raise from my crypt of a morning, me old bones give me so much gipe. :bigsmile:

LOL ya I needed a gif of an audience screaming, but you got the gif I mean gist....

My bones creak in the cold lol

Had to trim a tree today, now I have a lawn full of tree branches that need further chainsawing to put on the curb

:eek:

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

LOL ya I needed a gif of an audience screaming, but you got the gif I mean gist....

My bones creak in the cold lol

Had to trim a tree today, now I have a lawn full of tree branches that need further chainsawing to put on the curb

:eek:

Now that's funny, because I was also trimming branches earlier and one of the ends hit me in the face, my sister called me in for tea and she screamed! I'm used to that reaction however it was because my face was covered in blood! Thankfully it was only a flesh wound and as I have very little flesh it did not show.:bigsmile:

Edited by tv horror

4 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Now that's funny, because I was also trimming branches earlier and one of the ends hit me in the face, my sister called me in for tea and she screamed! I'm used to that reaction however it was because my face was covered in blood! Thankfully it was only a flesh wound and as I have very little flesh it did not show.:bigsmile:

maxresdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Glad your alright though!

On 8/10/2014 at 9:38 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, we have an influx of new members, the majority of which are not interested in anything but making a quick buck. E-Bay sellers are trying to sell here at their typical inflated prices hoping to avoid the fees. E-Bay sellers are also using the Boards to hype their books. Pump and dump is rampant.

Hoard a particular issue, set up a few fake E-Bay sales, and hype it here. The sad part is, it's working.

Uh oh!  I joined bc I wanted to start getting some of my collection cgc'd (the slabs look soooooo nice) but was hoping for more information and a better way to purchase comics than ebay.  Most of the better books I have bought have been from Bedrock Comics when I go to visit my in-laws.  

Looks like I have lots more reading to do.  The speculation stuff is all fairly new to me since I just recently started back up and haven't done much of anything with comics since I was 13-14 years old I think (back in the early 90s)  All the new variant stuff and books kind of confuse the hell out of me, but I sure like the Dell'Otto and Mattina covers!  Crain is another I believe.  I understand the general concept behind the 1:10/1:25/1:50 or whatever, but I am not sure how it really effects value other than artificially creating demand?  

Thanks for all the folks into this for love of the game and not $.  $$$ is important, but I have a job and just want to enjoy the art/stories/nostalgia personally. 

Although I have an interest in comics generally, I have never been a serious “enthusiast.”

Recently my father got a few books graded by CGC, and he was curious about selling them.

I have plenty of experience on other forums (bladeforums, candlepowerforums), so I volunteered to check out CGC boards, and maybe sell a few books for him.

Class of 2003   It was so long ago in the infancy of the Internet ( signed up on AOL in 98 ) Collecting since '62.... kept it up till College but still managed to pick up some books that turned out to be keys.... found out about CGC from a friend  bought raw comics on Ebay then discovered that I need to sell to buy.... joined up in the infancy as a lurker.  Back then the threads were full of lots of great information about the hobby.  Threads then were exciting,  we had Comic-Keys who lived under many alias the threads where hundreds of pages in a few days.  I had a small CGC collection then finally decided that I had to get the big$$ books graded including my AF15  ASM1  FF 1   I love the  hobby now have 186 graded.....  Happy that the Board is still here  (PS love the Christmas Raffle and  the many grading contest.... I also me Steve Borock when he was still with CGC.... everytime in NY when I saw him he remembered..... still a great guy......     I love CGC and try to get 3 books out each month.   :banana:

ta69g7[1].jpg

Edited by WEBHEAD