• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans movie (un)offically official?
3 3

281 posts in this topic

And...............is anyone surprised based on the trailers? lol

Poor Ramsey Bolton - gets offed on GoT only to turn up in this. He plays a good villain so I am sure he will bounce back elsewhere.

Edited by kimik

On 7/22/2017 at 0:29 PM, Jaydogrules said:

As the special effects continue to be polished, every subsequent trailer makes me think more and more this is going to be a super hero version of Game of Thrones.  There's never been anything attempted like that before in scope. It's ambitious, and will probably represent a pivot point in what we see going forward.  

-J.

In reality this show is going to be the biggest failure on television this fall and likely Marvel's last foray into big network television for quite awhile.

45 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Would it be better to not even release it and take the financial loss, rather than to release it and take on all of the criticism and ridicule?

It really looks bad to me.

I have the perfect solution to save the show is focus on Lockjaw.

Re-name it the Adventures of Lockjaw. They can do like an Alf thing were he comes to earth and interacts with humans.

Seriously my idea will probably get higher ratings and they could sell millions of Lockjaw action figures.

So Lockjaw will be the breakout character.

19533977_231393114040005_1242384964712923136_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTU0ODYxODg3MzkyMDkxNTk4NQ%3D%3D.2

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

38 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I have the perfect solution to save the show is focus on Lockjaw.

Re-name it the Adventures of Lockjaw. They can do like an Alf thing were he comes to earth and interacts with humans.

Seriously my idea will probally get higher ratings and they could sell millions of Lockjaw action figures.

So Lockjaw will be the breakout character.

19533977_231393114040005_1242384964712923136_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTU0ODYxODg3MzkyMDkxNTk4NQ%3D%3D.2

That's not a half bad idea.  Everything in the trailer looks way too serious.  A shift in focus to Lockjaw would lighten the mood.

No matter what.... if they can't fix Medusa's hair CG then the show will fail.

Jeph Loeb Gets Defensive About Marvel's Inhumans Criticism

8inThZ8.png

Head of TV Jeph Loeb apparently got all defensive at the recent Television Critics Assocation press tour in regards to their ABC IMAX Inhumans series, which has been receiving backlash by the fans.

An early review was posted online - which ABC and Marvel PR attempted to silence - which states Inhumans is simply awful and atrocious, and this caused the president of ABC to come out and state Inhumans is still a work in progess (though it's scheduled to premiere September 1st in IMAX theaters). Now word has hit social media about Head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb's reaction to questioning by journalists about how bad Inhumans is, with Loeb apparently displeased.

Robert Bianco from USA Today stated: "The odd thing about Marvel people is they seem eternally surprised that some critics think their ABC shows are terrible. Which they are."

Geek Tyrant pulled the following from social media, which includes Black Bolt actor Anson Mount comparing himself to none other than Ben Affleck (the sad Ben Affleck viral video). Anson said:

“You’re making me feel like Ben Affleck right now.”

Another journalist remarked the Inhumans footage is "not suitable" for IMAX, which saw Loeb respond with:

“I think you’re making an editorial statement, and I’m wondering what the question is.”

Another journalist also remarked that it didn't look like Inhumans made good use of the IMAX technology, with Loeb responding that the footage is:

"simply extraordinary and should be seen on that screen".

Here are the Twitter reactions to Loeb:

RYHYhDW.png

TuTg4TE.png

:eek:

INHUMANS Director Reveals That Marvel Wanted The Show To Be Made Quickly And Cheaply

inhumans.jpg

In a piece titled "What did Marvel look for in Inhumans? Fast and cheap" over at CNet, the director says he was chosen because Marvel, well, wanted someone who was fast and could make a show like this for very little money. "I think they liked me for the job because I was able with my action movies to shoot in a very short time, or with very low budgets, action that looks like a big-budget movie." 

"The schedule was super-tight. I had TV schedule time to shoot it with Imax cameras, 20 days to shoot two episodes. It’s nerve-wracking but I come from a low-budget film world, so 20 days for me is luxury," Reiné continued and appeared to then shift the blame to interfering Marvel TV executives.

"There was always a Marvel executive around me, just to make sure that whatever I did, or whatever we did together, would tie in with other characters in other universes, in other comics, in other series or movies," the director explains. "They’re very protective. These people are very passionate about their product and about characters and about doing the best version of everything."

INHUMANS: Did Marvel And ABC Go Back And Fix Medusa's Hair, Or Was It Always A Work In Progress?

uo26z7_W.jpg

A new promo for Marvel's Inhumans introduced viewers to the "Royal Family" but fans are quickly noticing that the footage appears to show improved vfx on the wig Serinda Swan wears as Medusa.

Sharp-eyed Marvel fans on Reddit are zeroing in on an improved look for Serinda Swan's Medusa in the latest promo for Marvel's Inhumans.

Was the uproar caused by the fact that the vfx for Medusa were simply unfinished? Marvel films show trailers and clips from upcoming releases with unfinished vfx all the time and its common for the vfx team to keep polishing and refining all the way up to a film's release.

More INHUMANS Reviews Point To The Series Being The Worst Addition To The MCU To Date

We'll never know what the planned movie version of Inhumans might've been like, but it's hard to imagine it could've been any less impressive than this. Once the decision was made to revamp the project for television, and for IMAX, the whole thing came together in less than nine months – in fact, the deal to release to IMAX was signed and announced two months before final scripts were even in place, and it shows. For Marvel completists only, Inhumans is – as many had anticipated – the weakest entry in the MCU to date, across screens big and small.

SOURCE: Digital Spy

With its groundbreaking use of IMAX, Inhumans should have been event television. Instead, it plays safe and makes an opening chapter to a series that is largely stripped of personality and flair. In concentrating on making a splash with its IMAX premiere, it refuses to push boundaries in other, more important areas. Sadly, that means a lacklustre beginning to a series that was meant to wow.

SOURCE: Fandom

The more people involved in any creative production, the more likely you are to wash out any sort of voice or style in a production. But in Inhumans, which already would be a weird, tough sell to really deliver that Kirby-
esque strangeness, the final product feels aimless and bleached-out, with its network television sensibilities and budget feels self-consciously evident. And given that viewers will be able to see a quarter of the entire series beginning this week at IMAX, there’s not a lot of room for showrunner Scott Buck and company to maneuver to give this Game of Thrones-lite series its necessary punch.

SOURCE: Newsarama

Despite the IMAX cameras, the pilot is a visual bust, one that would be unexciting on a screen measured in dozens of inches, let alone dozens of feet.  The opening half (the credits label the theatrical product as “Parts 1 & 2,” although at 75 minutes, it’s about 10-15 minutes shorter than a normal network 2-parter without commercials) is set mostly on gray, boring interior sets that have no panache whatsoever, and when the story moves outdoors in Part 2, the Hawaiian scenery is photographed (by Jeffrey Jur, under Roel Reine’s direction) like a not-particularly imaginative tourist’s vacation record.  Since a TV budget is a tiny fraction of what Marvel spends on its movies, the action sequences are pitiful compared to what IMAX screens usually showcase.

SOURCE: ShowBuzz Daily

Fan scores are. Interesting that the 47% jumped to 54% in one day.

Inhumans Rotten Tomatoes Audience Score Is In

inhumans-rotten-tomatoes.jpg

ABC, Marvel TV and IMAX debut the Inhumans series this weekend, and its audience score over at Rotten Tomatoes is in! Marvel TV must not have showed Inhumans to the press for reviews because it presently has no critics score, which is the score used for Rotten Tomatoes' "Fresh" or "Rotten" rating, but it does have an audience score--and it's really bad!

The Rotten Tomatoes audience score for Marvel's Inhuman is presently at only 47%! The score means only 47% of viewers liked it! So far, 308 fans have rated Inhumans at Rotten Tomatoes, which means about 164 people weren't happy!

To put the 47% number for Inhumans into perspective, the lowest rated Rotten Tomatoes Marvel product is Iron Fist at 17%, but it's audience score is at 77% (meaning 77% of the audience liked it)!

Update 10:30am EST: Word has gotten out and the Marvel fanboys have responded, as Inhumans is now bumped up to 54% liking it, with 339 fan votes accounted for. 

Marvel's Inhumans is projected to make around $1.38 million for the 4-day Holiday weekend; the director of the IMAX episodes did state they were done on the cheap, so it's possible the venture could be a success.

‘Inhumans’: Fans Reveal Biggest Flaws

Marvel diehards nonetheless purchased tickets to view the series on IMAX screens ahead of the series' arrival to ABC on September 29, and took to Reddit to share their feelings on the latest offering from the TV corner of the shared Marvel Cinematic Universe:

"It is terribly dumbed down," writes user murdockmanila, who says there are "huge lapses of basic logic," the set design is "whack" and cheap-looking, and that Isabelle Cornish's Crystal is "the stiffest cast member," comparing her performance to George Lucas directing Natalie Portman in the Star Wars prequels. Auran (Sonya Balmores) is "one of the blandest and most generic henchmen" to come out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, according to the user, while the depiction of Karnak's (Ken Leung) powers get "progressively worse as the episode goes [on]." Murdockmanila does say Karnak gets an interesting subplot and praises the appearance of Attilan (the Inhumans' home on the Moon) and a "dope" fight scene for Medusa (Serinda Swan).

"Lockjaw's CGI isn't great," writes IfIHadASaxophone of the Inhumans' oversized, teleporting dog. "Maybe it'll look fine on a small screen, but on IMAX it was pretty glaring." Mysaadlife offers a counterpoint, listing Lockjaw as a positive alongside the performances of Anson Mount and Iwan Rheon as brothers Black Bolt and Maximus, respectively, saying the "reasoning behind [Maximus'] character made a lot of sense" and praising Mount's "very expressive" performance and "very natural" sign language.

They add that IMAX "didn't add anything to the experience," recommending to "just wait for the show to come out on TV." Mike Moh (Triton) and Cornish (Crystal) are singled out as "straight up bad," while the show has strange editing, a lack of exposition, and an "apparent" low budget. "Even as a Marvel fan who sat through all of Iron Fist and enjoyed some parts, I found very little to enjoy here," mysaadlife concludes. "I personally don't even want this incorporated into the MCU, it was that bad."

"It's not Fant4stic," writes BannerIsBeautiful. "It's something like the cheesiest episodes of The Flash. You feel that they have good material and bad material, and they tried to assemble this thing and it became a mess."

"I went in there expecting mediocre and that's what I got," says DoctorB86. "I hope it will find its legs in the later episodes, like [Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.] did after [Captain America: The Winter Soldier]."