• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans movie (un)offically official?
3 3

281 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - it lasted this long.  I thought it was off the air after the first couple episodes since no one was talking about it.

I️t is a limited series of 8 episodes running on Friday night, they were always going to show the whole series.

my guess is that the inhuman show will at least tangentially affect the agents of shield show too

i caught up on the show this week. It’s not as awful as I thought.  More boring than awful.  

On 10/7/2017 at 4:06 PM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

This show bored me 

Would rather watch re runs of MASH

Agreed.

On a scale 1 to 10 I find Inhumans is a 1 and MASH is a 10! (thumbsu

Blackbolt can't hold Hawkeye and BJ's jockstrap. and Hotlips is hotter looking than Medusa. lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 5/6/2017 at 9:55 PM, Straw-Man said:

not doing it for me. 

I watched the 1st two episodes in the theater and it stank. I won't watch the rest of the shows even though the Inhumans are a lifelong favorite franchise of mine.

Too bad.

15 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I watched the 1st two episodes in the theater and it stank. I won't watch the rest of the shows even though the Inhumans are a lifelong favorite franchise of mine.

Too bad.

I can't think of a show that has been more hated then this. What went wrong for this epic fail?

My first observation is Blackbolt doesn't translate well on the screen. He is a character much better in the comic books.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I can't think of a show that has been more hated then this. What went wrong for this epic fail?

My first observation is Blackbolt doesn't translate well on the screen. He is a character much better in the comic books.

Stop trying to be intellectual about this. It stank because everything sucked about it.

The writing, the production, the special effects, the acting. Marvel filmed it like it was a high school project.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Isn't Iron Fist more reviled as this show?

8 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Stop trying to be intellectual about this. It stank because everything sucked about it.

The writing, the production, the special effects, the acting. Marvel filmed it like it was a high school project.

You think they would have cared,but like you said it stank and seemed like high school project.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:
3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Honestly, I watched most of it.  Haven't caught the end yet.

There are myriad problems with it, awful effects, characters that don't translate to tv, basic but terrible plot lines.  But I think at its core was the fact that it needed to exist at all.  There was just no need for this show to exist, certainly not on television.

At its best, it should have been a show about a royal family with powers, preferably fighting off a secret kree or skrull invasion while trying to stay somewhat hidden from humans AND working against maximus, who is betraying them from the inside (something akin to the first thor movie storyline).  Instead you got the most boring basic episode of game of thrones ever spread over eight episodes, where despite everyone having powers, everyone either loses them (Medusa, Karnak) or chooses not use them (Black Bolt, Crystal, the genetic council, a million other inhumans who don't like maximus, the royal guard).  The premise is awful, the powers are awful if you can't pay for effects, the sets look too fake, the acting is uneven (not that its all horrible, but its like everyone is in a different show).

There's literally no point to any of it, but Lockjaw is pretty cool.  Just watch some youtubes of the Lockjaw scenes and call it a day.

15 minutes ago, kimik said:
18 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Isn't Iron Fist more reviled as this show?

I think Iron Fist had higher expectations (due to the quality and success of other Netflix shows), and therefore left people more disappointed relative to their expectations.  But its not actually a worse show. 

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You think they would have cared,but like you said it stank and seemed like high school project.

The kid at my job enjoyed it for what it was not knowing any of the characters before.

That might be the same with a lot of Nielsen folks.

I'm betting there is going to be a Season 2, because of the Marvel/Disney movies/tv crossover promotions they can do in advertisements.

This isn't like a Rookie Blue or Last Man Standing type situation.

Maybe the quality will increase. It's too bad the interest is gone. lol 

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The kid at my job enjoyed it for what it was not knowing any of the characters before.

That might be the same with a lot of Nielsen folks.

I'm betting there is going to be a Season 2, because of the Marvel/Disney movies/tv crossover promotions they can do in advertisements.

This isn't like a Rookie Blue or Last Man Standing type situation.

Maybe the quality will increase. It's too bad the interest is gone. lol 

INHUMANS: It Appears As Though ABC Has Quietly Cancelled The Poorly Received Marvel Series

Following a report from the TCA press tour, SpoilerTV has just discovered that ABC has now quietly removed Marvel's Inhumans from their publicity press site (something I have since independently confirmed), which, barring anything unexpected happening in the next few weeks, seemingly suggests that the series has been effectively cancelled by the network. 

Upfronts aren't until May, so it will likely be a few more months until we get any sort of official confirmation, but if this is the end, then it probably won't come as much of a shocker to anyone that was watching as the series was always facing an uphill battle for a second year, especially after its poor critical reception, sub-par ratings, and disastrous IMAX run last fall. 

On another note, if you're looking to catch up on Marvel Television's latest offering, the entire eight-episode freshman season is still available to stream on the official ABC website, but you may want to hurry because the clock is definitely ticking.