• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone seen a creator be a jerk?
2 2

422 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Layton is the best Iron Man artist, in my opinion.

I can agree with that.

18 hours ago, kav said:

Neal: STOP THINKING ABOUT MONEY.  It makes you seem petty and grasping, frankly.  WTF dude

Every interaction that I've had with him has been very pleasant, including the one I just had with him in Baltimore, he has a wry sense of humor that I enjoy very much. I saw a "bad" Neal Adams story happen in front of me a few years ago when Neal was having a little fun with a fan. Nothing over the line, just being playful but I could tell the fan was getting butthurt over it.

I just chalk it up to some people being overly sensitive.

I had been going to shows for years, but I remember one of the very first times I went to actually get an autograph, it was George Perez.  I handed him a print of an Avengers #19 volume 3 (it is a black cover).  I asked if he could sign it and just draw a little Ultron head.  He said 'I am going to have to charge you for it', to which I said, that is fine.   As I opened up my wallet, to hand him the yet determined price (nothing was posted as to what he would charge), he handed it back to me a few seconds later, signed in silver sharpie on the black, with an awesome Ultron head sketch, and said 'Don't worry about it'.  I said 'Are you sure?!?' and he kind of smiled and waved me on.   Nice guy. 

Edited by Mercury Man

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Every interaction that I've had with him has been very pleasant, including the one I just had with him in Baltimore, he has a wry sense of humor that I enjoy very much. I saw a "bad" Neal Adams story happen in front of me a few years ago when Neal was having a little fun with a fan. Nothing over the line, just being playful but I could tell the fan was getting butthurt over it.

I can see where he was joking when he yelled at someone to stop buying comics and buy his art!!!  

10 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Guy could have walked over to him and said 

"Please find someone else to interact with. There are hundreds of other attendees at this con to choose from."

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, Ryan. said:

I don't know if Don Rosa has been brought up yet in this thread but the answer to the subject of this thread should start with Don Rosa. 

rosa is by far the nicest artist ive ever met. I mean free sketch....and he brings a chair for you to sit in while he does the sketch. nicest guy ever. adam hughes on the other hand.......ug

22 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah Neal Adams was kind of a dooshes, but Bernie Wrightson was amazing. 

I went to Terrys show when Wrightson was signing, and because it was a small show he was able to talk . I sat with him for a couple hours, he was very generous with a ton of stories .

Just such a nice man, he was seminal in influencing my artwork, and taste in comics etc. It was such an honor to talk with him.

I would of said wow thats so interesting-can you keep drawing me stuff while you talk-

Edited by kav

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I got myself a little signed sketch that will be buried with me.

As he told stories you could of asked him to illustrate them so you could understand better-

being buried with a Wrightson guarantees you will claw your way out of casket-and go on rampage!!!!

7 minutes ago, kav said:

As he told stories you could of asked him to illustrate them so you could understand better-

being buried with a Wrightson guarantees you will claw your way out of casket-and go on rampage!!!!

Right! I was hoping it would make me an undead zombie too.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Right! I was hoping it would make me an undead zombie too.

AND hook up with this person-you could rampage together and other stuff-

VampiMastersV3Cov-228x350.jpg

I met Paul Levitz Friday afternoon at NYCC.  He didn't have a table or anything; just happened to recognize him.  Incredibly polite and easy to talk with.  I consider him one of the giants in the industry, especially during the early years of the Copper Age when DC was putting out some really high quality stuff.

I met Steve Ditko and he signed my huge stack of books then did a bunch of drawings for me and gave me a bunch of ASM pages and said call me any time!!! 

44 minutes ago, kav said:

I met Steve Ditko and he signed my huge stack of books then did a bunch of drawings for me and gave me a bunch of ASM pages and said call me any time!!! 

Lies I say, lies.:baiting:

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Lies I say, lies.:baiting:

i would post pics but my kids bid a bunch of stuff on ebay and broke it plus the cat-

4 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah Neal Adams was kind of a dooshes, but Bernie Wrightson was amazing. 

I went to Terrys show when Wrightson was signing, and because it was a small show he was able to talk . I sat with him for a couple hours, he was very generous with a ton of stories .

Just such a nice man, he was seminal in influencing my artwork, and taste in comics etc. It was such an honor to talk with him.

:cloud9:

I don't really go to conventions, so I don't get a chance to meet the artists.  But, I did go to a local convention a couple of times several years ago and met Stuart Sayger. 

I watched him interact with several attendees and then chatted with him for a minute.  If an artist could be nicer to fans, I certainly don't know how.  He treated everyone he talked to as if they were the most important and interesting person in the room.  He just genuinely seemed to care about each fan and eagerly offered to sign items without having to be asked.

I know I've mentioned him before in the forums, but he made such a good impression that I think he deserves a mention in this thread as well.

Edited by Domo Arigato