• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone seen a creator be a jerk?
2 2

422 posts in this topic

In the '90s I was at an LCS signing with Image creators. Had to buy tickets and everything. Well Rob Liefeld shows up 1 1/2 hours late to a 4 hour signing and leaves an hour early. Otherwise, he was pleasant. 

Some other artists stuck around but few people were interested in sketches from that J. S. Campbell guy. 

"Dear boys, the great thing about our country is that everyone has the opportunity to be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person." 

-Father Lorfanfant.

Edited by Buzzetta

20 hours ago, Tony D said:

My two cents on Neal Adams. I first encountered Neal at one of Phil Seuling's NY Comic Conventions in the early 70s. Neal was extraordinarily gracious, doing detailed sketches for fans, who surrounded him everywhere he went. Fast forward a few years, after many of those sketches were put up for sale and Neal's original art went missing from DC after he had argued for the return of all art for the artists who had drawn it, Neal wasn't quite as free with his time and talents. I can't blame him for his reaction.

A couple years ago, I was in the men's room on set up day at a con when I witnessed Neal Adams flush the urinal and walk out the door without washing his hands.  Does that count?

22 hours ago, NoMan said:

My wife is a social worker. She deals with women forced from their homes for hellish reasons with nothing. One shoplifted food for one of her children. because they were literally starving to death.  I just see Mr. A. throwing an all black playing card at this poor woman screaming "GUILTY" at her as he shoves her to her death off a high rise building.

Let's leave it. It sounds as if you pick and choose what you like from Objectivism, not accepting things you disagree with. I would't think that would make you an Objectivist just a free thinking person who does indeed think for themselves just as I like things from the right but am not GOP and like things from the left and sure as mess aint a (the other party) 

I've demolished this thread enough. So if you would like to continue in PM that would be fine or you should have the last word here since I had the first words.

Her children were literally starving to death...? 

hm

8 hours ago, Mike's Rack said:

A couple years ago, I was in the men's room on set up day at a con when I witnessed Neal Adams flush the urinal and walk out the door without washing his hands.  Does that count?

Reminds me of an old joke.

A Marine is walking out of a restroom after relieving himself at a urinal, when a Sailor says, "In the Navy they teach us to wash our hands after urinating." The Marine says, "In the Marines they teach us not to pee on our hands."

Edited by Tony D
mistake

10 hours ago, kav said:

Sailor should have rebutted with 'even though we dont pee on our hands, they still teach us to wash after handling our junk-'

Who the hell is touching their junk when taking a 'wicked yes'..?

I wash my hands out of courtesy in public, but at home, I have no legitimate reason to.

13 hours ago, kav said:

Sailor should have rebutted with 'even though we dont pee on our hands, they still teach us to wash after handling our junk-'

MARINES ARE PROUD OF THEIR JUNK!

Edited by Brian48

Good people: Mark Bagley, Ben Templesmith, George R.R. Martin

Jerks: Chris Claremont, Arthur Suydam

While at my first official purchase for a commission drawing i got for cgc ty templeton was drawing batman for me and he mocked and laughed at me because i was getting comic book information wrong even though i was praising his work though when he was done with my book he tossed it across the table and said it was done then went on to ignore me when i went to say thank you so i went over to pat broderick next door to draw me firestorm and he answered all the questions ty was refusing to answer about the comic art industry.

And at that same convention i met the artist for king of the hill and when i would ask him questions because i didnt know how anything worked he would only answer things that had a price on them if i asked a question about his passion and what got him to where he was he would just sigh and start talking to the artist next to him had to buy something just to get him to talk to me and take a picture with me live and learn i guess

7 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Some artists that deserve “praise” for being great to fans: 

George Perez (as has been mentioned here by many)

Walt Simonson 

Terry Moore

Dan Jurgens

JG Jones

Also would like to mention some great artists.

Mike Mignola 

Billy Tan- Who drew an insane Wolverine for me. 

And Tommy Lee Edwards- who drew an awesome Batman for me.

Ethan Van Sciver 

20181021_061547.jpg

20181021_061614.jpg

Edited by oakman29

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Also would like to mention some great artists.

Mike Mignola 

Billy Tan- Who drew an insane Wolverine for me. 

And Tommy Lee Edwards- who drew an awesome Barman for me.

Ethan Van Sciver 

20181021_061547.jpg

20181021_061614.jpg

Yeah, those are both really nice!! 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:27 PM, kav said:
On 10/11/2018 at 6:14 PM, Tony D said:

Reminds me of an old joke.

A Marine is walking out of a restroom after relieving himself at a urinal, when a Sailor says, "In the Navy they teach us to wash our hands after urinating." The Marine says, "In the Marines they teach us not to pee on our hands."

I agree. Gross.