• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone seen a creator be a jerk?
2 2

422 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You are bloody hilarious, I simply can not stop chuckling, wot!

Blimey!

Sean Phillips is top notch I emailed him out of the blue and he helped me get my scanner to scan TIF files.  Who does that?  He's a busy guy!!!

I've meet a few creators in a few cons. Nicest ones were Nauck, Mcleod, Dematties. 

Worst ones were Tim Sale and Larry Hama. 

Sale was so damn arrogant and dismissive. There was a kid in front of me who literally had his mom wait in the long *ss line and then when he was up he just cut in, sucked up to him so much and Sale ate it up. Was dismissive to everyone else. Just a really unlikable guy (whose aren't isn't even good to look at). I sold off the book I had signed.

Hama was even worse. I was nothing but polite to him and he yelled at me to hurry up, like first of all no one was at his table, and then was an hour left at the con, but he wanted to leave early so got mad at me for stopping by later in the day cause he wasn't a priority for me. Very rude and unlikable d*ck. 

On 8/12/2014 at 11:30 PM, followtheleader said:

For me, Maleev.

Can't tell you how much that sucks too. I was a huge fan before he really blew up.

Oh well, peace!

Patrick

Really? Met the guy at con, he was pretty nice to me

On 8/13/2014 at 8:00 AM, romanheart said:

I would say a lot of celebrities (movie, tv) at the cons have issues. Adam West was an unpleasant surprise. He didn't behave rudely to me, but he was not very warm either and I have actually seen him put a fan to tears. I don't look at that tv show the same anymore. I almost prefer not to meet the celeb and just collect the autograph.

I haven't talked much with comic book artists much but they are generally worth giving your attention too. They are much nicer. Neal Adams is a pretty decent fellow.

There was a time when real Hollywood stars like Marlon Brando would sign for free. Even stars like Monroe and Harlowe would give secretarial autographs to their fans, but they at least cared.

If I was a celeb with a dwindling fan base I wouldn't be upsetting what little fans I had left.

Cassandra Peterson was a pleasure to meet at the cons. Very nice.

That really surprised me, met West a many years ago at a con and he was very pleasant and we chatted for a bit, really nice guy to me, though I was the only fan there at the time lol

On 10/6/2018 at 12:08 AM, Buzzetta said:

I wasn't too impressed with Tim Sale's interaction with another con goer at NYCC especially after the guy left.  I don't think he or his art rep realized I was there or within earshot and let's leave it at that. 

Yeah he was a pretty stuck up jerk when I met him

21 hours ago, iamre321 said:

That really surprised me, met West a many years ago at a con and he was very pleasant and we chatted for a bit, really nice guy to me, though I was the only fan there at the time lol

Well I can relate a couple of stories.

A dealer told me about how he doodled on the tablecloth one day, and before leaving, he actually cut out the piece of tablecloth with his scribbling and left with it at the hotel signing.

The other I saw personally where a fan in line had a particular piece to sign, and Adam inscribed it to him. I'm sure he told him not to, and he was literally in tears that he did it because it was a special piece for him that he wanted signed by both and and Burt.

Adam and Burt actually didn't get along and it was Newmar who was placed in between them at the signing. So it was a bit funny to me how Jim Lee and others were mourning his loss when he died. I think people knew his actual persona. If you get on people's bad side you will have a hard time getting casted later.

The show was special. I thought he played a great Bruce Wayne, but not a great  Batman. Burt was spot on as Robin for me. The show had great writing and comedy and had to be campy because well... special effects didn't really exist then.

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Agreed.

Edited in case they decide to take legal action against the forum members involved.

There was nothing that would land myself in court over it especially with what was written.  While the estate could petition a court with a grievance if they truly wanted, even if it would be accepted, I would go after them in return. 

14 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I have no idea what was originally posted.   

I just wanted to fit in so I acted like I did. :frown:

Oh

I'll send it to you lol