• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

From a 2012 article on the subject.

"The Fantastic Four are one of the cornerstones of the Marvel Comics universe, but their movie rights rest with 20th Century Fox, who picked them up in the mid-90s. According to most reports, the rights deal that Marvel initially struck with Neu Constantin (Roger Corman’s production company) and presumably transferred to Fox allowed for usage of all original concepts introduced in Fantastic Four issues 1 through 100."

I found your article and also found this later in the article! :banana:

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/2012/08/09/marvels-movie-rights-who-owns-what/

"Although the superpowered evolutionary offshoot of heroes known as The Inhumans first appeared in the pages of Fantastic Four #45 (December 1965), their film rights are still controlled by Marvel Studios as evidenced by statements made by Feige that a film based on the characters was in development. Likewise, Black Panther, ruler of the fictional nation of Wakanda, debuted in Fantastic Four #52 (July 1966), but his rights are also back at Marvel Studios around who they have been developing a film."

I suppose none of us can say with 100% certainty whether Marvel Studios holds the Inhumans film rights until we actually see a copy of the FF film licensing agreement between Fox Studios and Marvel and review how the terms thereof address, if at all, Fantastic Four-spawned mythology characters. But based on (i) the recent Feige statements (see below), (ii) the spike in Inhumans appearances/stories in newly published comics from Marvel, (iii) the use of the Kree Empire (first referred to in FF64) in GOTG, and (iv) the appearance of Ronan the Accuser (from FF65) in GOTG, my bet is that Marvel Studios holds film rights to the Inhumans. So I think picking up books like FF36 and FF45-47 is a good move.

“Well, Inhumans is something that we are definitely thinking about and we think there’s great potential there for a great movie.” http://screenrant.com/inhumans-mutants-marvel-cinematic-universe/

Just FYI everybody I did bid on F4 #45 in an auction last July on eBay. I did not win as there was really serious sniping going on. I think I lost all 5 books I bid on with maybe 5 seconds to go. The book was not slabbed however and it was around VG+ 4.5 or 5.0 or so. It went for about 50$.

I know the FF #45 is getting a lot of heat because it's the first appearance of the Inhumans. But for me, it's one of the best covers in the entire Lee/Kirby run.

I'm also a big fan of #29, 47, 51 and 66. Of course, everyone else's mileage may vary.

I got this one years ago on Ebay for next to nothing. And I'm with Barton, I don't really collect FFs but I have always liked this cover.

Who knew...

1708141405491.jpg

Agreed. It is truly a great cover. I picked up a rough reader copy and then just decided to buy the FF graphic novel that covers the ff inhumans run so I could read the story in full.

Nice 8.0 Btw. Very clean (thumbs u