• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

On a visit to Leavesden Studios in 2004 I was priviledged to watch Daniel Radcliffe wired up on his Quidditch broom filming a blue screen flying scene where Harry's chasing the Golden Snitch thru a rain and ice storm with the Dementors attacking in "The Prisoner of Azkaban."  This BTS film magic on the Shazam! Movie is just as awesome to be able to see... :applause:

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

"Some of you may be wondering why he's inserting a Twizzler into his arm."  Humour to the tenth power like this is like listening to National Lampoon and Firesign Theatre comedy records in the '70s.  "I'll buy the g_dd_amn stamp" is still part of my vernacular to this very day.  lol

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

You’re excitement for this movie makes me excited to see it

i hope it meets and exceeds your expectations- you sound like a true fan of the character and I can only imagine what it must be like To have this movie come to life 

On 12/24/2018 at 7:06 PM, jsilverjanet said:

You’re excitement for this movie makes me excited to see it

i hope it meets and exceeds your expectations- you sound like a true fan of the character and I can only imagine what it must be like To have this movie come to life 

Thanks, I hope so too!  I'm looking forward to a joie de vivre feature film much like Joe Johnston's Captain America: The First Avenger.  (thumbsu

The Original Captain Marvel/Shazam! has been sorely missing from the mainstream and hopefully this intelligent and elegant major motion picture will reintroduce his rich mythological fables to a new generation of youngsters who might imagine themselves as super heros.

805863984_Doepicshit.jpg.35b62e9a6f41bfa2c786b5a7f7b6fafa.jpg

1178495607_FreddysGuidetoSuperHero-ing.jpg.f141406d2deb76cfdcdc288b127406cf.jpg1827694692_CMJr12Cover.jpg.740ffcf4c47548af6f35ebf2be1f2fac.jpg

Saw the trailer for this during the Spiderman Spiderverse movie Saturday and my 9 year old looks at me and says "I really wanna see this". well, would I be a good father by denying him this? I think NO. So I will be seeing this in the theater (it looks like a TON of FUN!)

After the success of Aquaman, I really hope that Shazam does well for WB/DC so we can see more of the extended universe (maybe a new Green Lantern film? :wishluck: )

Edited by kimik

11 hours ago, kimik said:

After the success of Aquaman, I really hope that Shazam does well for WB/DC so we can see more of the extended universe (maybe a new Green Lantern film? :wishluck: )

Worlds of DC just doesn't have it together top-down. Kevin Feige masterfully planned 3 Phases of the MCU. Outside of Zack Snyder, no one at WB had/has a vision for this extended universe.

They only have "guarantees" about 1 year out. The Flash, The Batman, Green Lantern Corps, Man of Steel '2', Cyborg, etc etc etc are all still up in the air. There's no long-term planning, and it hurts themselves. Snyder had plans for BvS, Justice League 1 & 2, and Man of Steel '2'. At least someone had a vision. WB lacks leadership and it kinda pisses me off.

Every time this movie's trailer comes on i always whisper to my wife that this looks so good and she shakes her head.  She thinks it looks terrible but I really think it has a chance at stretching the definition of a super hero movie and bringing in a young audience.  We need some more fun super hero movies to counter balance the dark, moody ones. 

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Every time this movie's trailer comes on i always whisper to my wife that this looks so good and she shakes her head.  She thinks it looks terrible but I really think it has a chance at stretching the definition of a super hero movie and bringing in a young audience.  We need some more fun super hero movies to counter balance the dark, moody ones. 

Aquaman was very light. But kids do like to see kids in the role of hero. My daughters love Power Rangers episodes on Netflix and it could be because the actors are more relatable.

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I have to agree with wife-it looks goofy AF.  Theyre playing it like the movie BIG-just watch what happens.  Flop

7 minutes ago, kav said:

I have to agree with wife-it looks goofy AF.  Theyre playing it like the movie BIG-just watch what happens.  Flop

I agree - its a near copy of Big and that movie was the shiznit when I was a kid (still is a good movie).  I get the warm fuzzy feeling when I watch the trailer which I'm thinking will translate into a modest success.  It will really come down to what movies is it up against and of course the plot has to not be complete trash.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I agree - its a near copy of Big and that movie was the shiznit when I was a kid (still is a good movie).  I get the warm fuzzy feeling when I watch the trailer which I'm thinking will translate into a modest success.  It will really come down to what movies is it up against and of course the plot has to not be complete trash.

I could be wrong.  I hope I'm wrong.  Not liking what I see so far-standard bullied kid gets super powers goes after bullies, foils robbery in mini mart while crackin jokes.  There needs to be more than standard stop the bad guy from destroying world.