• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Other than in Aquaman his mother was hunted for running off, Arthur Curry threatened by his brother who wants him dead and even attempted to murder him early on, and then Orm wanting to fight him to the death...you could be right. Everything should be bright, happy jokes.

:baiting:

Yeah but Aquaman was likeable because he was humorous and a happy guy. Someone you want to have a beer/wine with.

They got to have balance with the movies. There has to be some humor involved. Too dark turns off the audience. Even Venom had humor. 

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Yeah but Aquaman was likeable because he was humorous and a happy guy. Someone you want to have a beer/wine with.

They got to have balance with the movies. There has to be some humor involved. Too dark turns off the audience. Even Venom had humor. 

Some humor sprinkled throughout is fine. Overdue it, and the audience will pick up on you are killing them with punchlines.

But there are also dark stories to tell. The Crow. Logan. Blade. Watchmen. 300. Dredd. Solid films that were not over-dependent on 'love my character' moments.

It appears there were a few disgruntled 'fans' that attended the pre-screening just so they could go on social media and reveal spoilers about Shazam so as to disrupt the box office results.

They are doing this to protest not getting their Snyder Cut version of Justice League, supposedly. So sweet!

Edited by Bosco685

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I love how they are playing up the 14 year-old kid mentality with his actions and responses. So well done!

Zac is so multi-talented, I've noticed in both his singing and animation voice work over the years he instinctively knows how to adroitly deliver a line of dialogue or lyric.  As mentioned in an earlier post, he expertly weaves his own likable personality into this particular character so well at times it appears like Shazam! is acting like Zachary Levi.  (thumbsu

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

20 minutes ago, Ivanko said:

Ugh, people. 
I saw the movie this past Saturday at the Fandango VIP screening. Being a longtime fan of the entire Fawcett world I really enjoyed it. The Geoff Johns influence is noticeable, and overall they did a great job walking the fine line of being fun/light hearted and too goofy/silly.  I plan on seeing it in IMAX opening weekend as well.

The two scenes they are going out of their way to spoiler are...

Spoiler

of course the Superman appearance but it not being Henry Cavill and the Marvel Family appearance. Going out of their way to post images from the shows.

What a nutty motivation!

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The two scenes they are going out of their way to spoiler are...

Reveal hidden contents

of course the Superman appearance but it not being Henry Cavill and the Marvel Family appearance. Going out of their way to post images from the shows.

What a nutty motivation!

That's both funny and sad because:

Spoiler

The entire family is already in the Shazam ongoing, and stores received their shipment of Pedro, Eugene, Freddy, and Darla Funko pops last week, so a lot of people (including myself) were counting on seeing the Shazam family.  Regarding the Supes cameo at the end, it was kind of a hot rumor to begin with, so it's more of a confirmation of a rumor. 

Still pretty crappy of those doing it though, but this isn't a well tied in Marvel movie so I guess if that's the worst of the spoilers that isn't too earth shattering.  Even knowing the spoilers doesn't take away from the tone of the movie itself which is what really sets it apart :)

18 minutes ago, Ivanko said:

That's both funny and sad because:

Reveal hidden contents

The entire family is already in the Shazam ongoing, and stores received their shipment of Pedro, Eugene, Freddy, and Darla Funko pops last week, so a lot of people (including myself) were counting on seeing the Shazam family.  Regarding the Supes cameo at the end, it was kind of a hot rumor to begin with, so it's more of a confirmation of a rumor. 

Still pretty crappy of those doing it though, but this isn't a well tied in Marvel movie so I guess if that's the worst of the spoilers that isn't too earth shattering.  Even knowing the spoilers doesn't take away from the tone of the movie itself which is what really sets it apart :)

Oh, I know. Those hints have been out there for a little bit.

Spoiler

But going around posting pictures and then complaining how WB needs to suffer due to past mistakes seems like trolling a studio so others cannot enjoy new experiences.