• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

The WhatCulture website claims that Mark Strong's Dr Sivana is a weak villain.

Before watching the film, and recalling his excellent take on Sinestro, that surprises me.  hm

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

The WhatCulture website claims that Mark Strong's Dr Sivana is a weak villain.

Before watching the film, and recalling his excellent take on Sinestro, that surprises me.  hm

I saw the comment from a couple of reviewers. He IS NOT weak.

12 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Good to hear.

One blogger was critiquing him as 'no Thanos'. Like that is the go-to now in a standalone character movie. Killmonger was no Thanos too. Yet look at the impact he had in a fitting story. Sivana is the same lore...though I don't want to say more.

78 years ago this week the Republic Serial Adventures of Captain Marvel starring Tom Tyler and Frank Coghlan Jr. was playing in movie theaters across the world.  It has been a very long but worthwhile wait for the major motion picture Shazam! starring Zachary Levi and Asher Angel.  :popcorn:

1152610999_AdventuresofCaptainMarvel.thumb.jpg.ff5e8376f77b7461b8f096aa5ad98a20.jpg1476058870_ShazamPoster.jpg.0b1798e70eaaf3e8457179a0c567a7b3.jpg

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

On 3/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

I was able to get in on March 23rd instead of April 5th. Looking forward to this.

Thanks for this, my gf and I used it to see Shazam last weekend. We both enjoyed it, with her even commenting that it was better than Captain Marvel. Can't say I disagreed. Definitely a fun flick.

"I had so much fun making this movie, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm so thankful and I hope you guys enjoy it, and I think you will, because it's that damn good." - Jack Dylan Grazer

"I'm so grateful that I got to be part of this movie, I'm so grateful that I got to bring Captain Marvel to life." - Zachary Levi   :x

799098065_Imashellofmyformerself.jpg.a7a45325db87deae2ce41f2c58a75153.jpg

Man it's been a minute since I've seen it, but I won a raffle towards another prescreen.... seeing it again Tuesday!

Taking someone besides my brother this time...

The PR is awesome with this movie, I think that's the correct term, plenty of chances for it to do great!