• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

Nice little backstory to the production development of Shazam! and a heartfelt thank you from Executive Producer Dwayne Johnson for its box office successes.  Wasn't aware of the 10 year development process to green-light the film project.  Thank you to 'The Rock' and his 'gut' feeling and industry connections to make this motion picture a reality.  (thumbsu

I thought this was a new video. xD

An excellent super-hero film, the best that DC has produced since the Nolan Batman Trilogy.

Great pacing, despite its length it didn't become tedious, with nice alternations between humorous and dark scenes.

As I said in a previous post, I've read Geoff Johns' version of the origin story in new 52's Justice League , and yet it was so well-translated into live action that the familiarity wasn't really an issue at all.  Great to see.

Nice to have one villain present as an Easter egg at the start, and then have that developed more at the end in an unexpected credits scene, and also the Miracleman / Marvelman reference, which I had to think about for a while to get.

Much more enjoyable than the comparatively dull Captain Marvel.

Edited by Ken Aldred

It's really tragic that this released during the same month as Endgame. I just don't have any combination of time + money to see it until 5-6 weeks in.

Makes me glad that Godzilla is late-May. I'll have time to wind down from Endgame and then get excited about that one.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

Holy Moley!  I met Asher Angel and got to shake his hand!  Most pleasant gentleman, what a blast!   (thumbsu

333842315_AsherandMe.thumb.png.03b6eb8032f39e47c105e8a632cadeae.png

Finally got my Shazam! Movie Poster framed and mounted in my office.  It's most likely the very first or one of the first Double-Sided Shazam! Movie Posters ever signed by Asher Angel when I met him last February.  The convention organizer told me these haven't been released yet and that they were the first ones available. One of Asher's handlers, who took this photo of us together, asked me where I got the poster and said to Asher we got to get us some of these...

I made sure that Asher's signature is at eye level height near my office door so when my PhD's and clients enter in they can easily look over to see it and ask "GTFO, is that Asher Angel's signature?!" and I can proudly say "Effin' A, and he drew me a smiley face too!!"  :smile:

1638584441_ShazamPoster1.thumb.png.c3e00b3287a3c665dd6979b5290cc666.png640215711_ShazamPoster2.thumb.png.93fc79886e8c1fee54aa4c20410637a4.png

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

57 minutes ago, paperheart said:

hopefully the audience shows up this weekend because frankly a $2.6MM Wed (down 47% from Tuesday) is not good

Quite possibly the freak Midwest 'Bomb Cyclone' from Denver to Oklahoma making outdoor travel dangerous is impacting box office.  It's not a reflection on Shazam! that people aren't interested in seeing it, currently people just can't get to the movie theatre to see it.  hm

We went with some friends tonight, it was very enjoyable. I think DC is FINALLY hitting it's stride.

On a side note, all 3 women loved it, 2 of the men (including my husband) were "it was OK" and the 3rd male thought it was "awesome".