• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

As expected, Shazam! crossed the $100 million mark at the domestic box office this morning. The $90 million-budgeted DC Films flick should be just over $170 million overseas for a global cume just over/under $275 million. It’ll pass $300 million this weekend and the next week or three will determine if it ends up closer to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ($379 million) or Rampage ($428 million).

For what it’s worth, it may be the lack of a China boost, however artificial that can sometimes be, that keeps the David F. Sandberg-directed flick under $400 million. Nonetheless, it’s a mid-budget superhero movie that is doing mid-level business with strong reviews. There is plenty of breakout potential for the next go-around.

That China Box Office impact definitely had an impact with this taking off much more. Assumptions there this is all kids jokes and limited action (Third Act is not limited) caused quite the dud reaction.

2 minutes ago, paperheart said:

$2.5MM Thurs (+10% vs last week, it's the calendar Luis)- likely over $120MM by end of weekend

Wow! That matches exactly what Luiz Fernando noted right above you. Fantastic!

31 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That image would look nice on an embossed steelbook. If they go that way (Best Buy exclusive, probably) I'd pick it up.

I love when interviewers let their guests talk and complete their thoughts.  Whenever Zac Levi comforably refers to himself as "Captain Marvel Shazam!" too makes me smile every time.  Zac also recollects one of my favorite jokes at the 12:07 mark that I first heard retold by Craig Ferguson, boy howdy do I miss watching "The Late Late Show."  :D

1611961816_ZacLeviShazamFanArt.jpg.ec104cb0d342d407fef7b895f564e0d8.jpg