• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, paperheart said:

...WB botched this release badly; at least the movie was well received by critics.

Sadly, you're 100% correct.

I would not have even touched close to Avengers if I was them. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

The public has known about Avengers 4 being "early-May 2019" since 2015. Awful timing by WB.

Disagree with the notion the movie is a bust. Eventual $400 million on a $100 million budget with no star power whatsoever? And a totally obscure character? Warner is making a $50-100 million profit. (Based on needing 3x budget to break even). Could it have done better in june? Maybe. But who cares what the avengers with a $300 million budget and 20 stars does? Plus it gives some context to black Adam, which will crack a billion with the rock.

Edited by the blob

I’m still seeing it today over Avengers. I prefer to catch movies as they near the end of their run. Then I can pretend the theater is my own personal entertainment room. Watched Pet Semetary yesterday but could have skipped it. Regardless of reviews, I will see every Stephen King movie and hope for the best. Avengers is taking up half of the cinema screens in the one I go to in Vegas so it’s a great time to watch other movies that are ending their runs soon. Near empty theaters.

52 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’m still seeing it today over Avengers. I prefer to catch movies as they near the end of their run. Then I can pretend the theater is my own personal entertainment room. Watched Pet Semetary yesterday but could have skipped it. Regardless of reviews, I will see every Stephen King movie and hope for the best. Avengers is taking up half of the cinema screens in the one I go to in Vegas so it’s a great time to watch other movies that are ending their runs soon. Near empty theaters.

DC386A1F-6A78-476A-82E9-4A7431D7E8CC.jpeg

Going to see this in an hour, it BETTER BE GOOD or I’m coming back to this thread like Eastwood riding into a town with vengeance on his mind.

ok that was a bit much but I’ll trash this place like TwoPiece in a Captain Marvel thread. 

ok that was worse. 

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

Going to see this in an hour, it BETTER BE GOOD or I’m coming back to this thread like Eastwood riding into a town with vengeance on his mind.

ok that was a bit much but I’ll trash this place like TwoPiece in a Captain Marvel thread. 

ok that was worse. 

:whatthe:

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

ok that was a bit much but I’ll trash this place like TwoPiece in a Captain Marvel thread

ok that was worse. 

that's gotta be close to the hate-crime standard.

Saw it, loved it. Shocked it made what it did being released in a horrible position with no quality marketing but it left a lot of money on the table. This should be a lesson to all. Where you position your film matters. How you advertise it matters. its not just enough to be great, you gotta be in a spot with little competition in the weeks before and after you to avoid fatigue and direct box office battle. You gotta spend money on advertising too.

Glad the film made ok profit, hope this means sequel is on the way.