• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Finally broke $360M.

DC_MCU_BO190516b.thumb.PNG.304132ccb5ed4e7d82e530e8b9c21a38.PNG

I was wondering how many times I had to go to get it there. :insane:

+1 Me too!  I would have gladly paid a ticket to see it a heck of a lot more times than I have already if my local theaters showed it in Real D 3D longer than only the first week of release.  :eyeroll:

Perturbed.gif.37c2015ccfecb4e74d3b399dc3f3b4a1.gif

31 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

26 minutes ago, paperheart said:

beat Green Lantern

Good point. And by sales multiples over production budget..

DC_MCU_BO190516c.thumb.PNG.b583cf574d7d3dde88bdb2e488807489.PNG

Lower budget, but even with that and being poorly scheduled.

^^

Edited by Bosco685

20 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I haven't purchased a movie DVD in over fifteen years but I'll definitely be buying this Shazam! disc.  Not just to have a pristine 2160p copy of my new favorite film but primarily to sit back and enjoy the Director's Commentary by David F. Sandberg.   :smile:

364530033_SandbergCommentary.png.84af394b7495dfb397ae2409521cee5e.png

Maxime Alexandre's cinematography is so stunning, Shazam! is one of those modern films that'll look great in Black & White and I'll be turning off the color on this masterpiece too!  (thumbsu

1830141534_Manwithnoname.gif.207a5aa6031b5430791233828bdc10e4.gif

6 hours ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

I guess David Sandberg's Director's Commentary is not included in the WB Shazam! DVD after all, you have to go and chase it down in an aroundabouty way and download it from iTunes...    :screwy:

That doesn't sound right. Could he be confused?

On 5/18/2019 at 5:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

So after all that, he finally gets to the obvious issue: timing. Guess he had to fill video time.

I'm sure it would have did much better if it was released in early December. I found it really bizarre every scene in the movie was set around Christmas. 

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
On 5/24/2019 at 5:28 PM, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

I guess David Sandberg's Director's Commentary is not included in the WB Shazam! DVD after all, you have to go and chase it down in an aroundabouty way and download it from iTunes...    :screwy:

That doesn't sound right. Could he be confused?

Nope.  Here is the link to the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC Press Release for the Shazam! 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD Special Edition

“Shazam!” 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD Special Edition contain the following special features:

• Shazam Exclusive Motion Comic
  • The Magical World of Shazam
  • Super Fun Zac
  • Carnival Scene Study
  • Shazamily Values
  • Who is Shazam?
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Gag Reel

“Shazam!” will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.

244410748_CaptainMarvelZacLeviLatest.jpg.fbd293c9a141fb1e541b60b0ee2d90a2.jpg

2 hours ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

“Shazam!” will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.

That is with any movie nowadays, as with Ultraviolet gone you either must offer up Google Play, iTunes, Movies Anywhere or VUDU for digital copies.

I'm not seeing where the commentary is exclussive to any of them.