• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

This movie was so bad that if I had a Whiz #2 I’d hide it from myself.  Man, was this horrible from the opening scene. Not Aquaman bad , but BAD !

Interesting. I haven’t seen it yet, but you’re the first person I’ve seen on the boards post with a negative impression. Y? Too cheesy?

This is kewl.  The one and only Jack D. Grazer posing with a copy of Captain Marvel Jr. #16 with a lovely Mac Raboy cover in hand for a photo op.  

I have an attractive CGC 6.0 FINE copy that looks like a 9.0 VF/NM if it didn't have a slight edge dust/sun shadow in my personal collection.   Only 15 CGC graded copies in census, FMV for my CGC 6.0 is $145.00.  (thumbsu

1904703712_JackGrazerPosingwithCMJr16.png.9797fccdabb6416ae701dc0d71b4e305.png200334668_CaptainMarvelJr_16.thumb.png.9dfc44498952ae930a68c8779b1da543.png

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

5 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Interesting. I haven’t seen it yet, but you’re the first person I’ve seen on the boards post with a negative impression. Y? Too cheesy?

I'm looking forward to reading this analysis. :popcorn:

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
7 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

I'm looking forward to reading this analysis. :popcorn:

2109801899_FuckyouFight.jpg.3ca0607313a0bdabcc73c5f5e5b08da3.jpg

11 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Not one character was likable. If you are not a little kid under the age of 10 I don’t think you’ll find anything funny. Even when they ( try to )  mock DC. The FX were horrible but maybe that was on purpose. Criminal was down right not interesting with stupid dialogue. I see everything superhero but I will not be seeing this sequel nor  Aquaman,s.  Levi did a nice job with what he was given but the best friend to Batson is cringeworthy. The 2 other people I went with hated it as well ( Also  Aquaman haters ) 

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Not one character was likable. If you are not a little kid under the age of 10 I don’t think you’ll find anything funny. Even when they ( try to )  mock DC. The FX were horrible but maybe that was on purpose. Criminal was down right not interesting with stupid dialogue. I see everything superhero but I will not be seeing this sequel nor  Aquaman,s.  Levi did a nice job with what he was given but the best friend to Batson is cringeworthy. The 2 other people I went with hated it as well ( Also  Aquaman haters ) 

Not that you aren't entitled to dislike what you want to dislike. But to read you disliked both Aquaman and Shazam, not sure what is going on there. But it's your opnion. You are entitled to it.

Shazam01.thumb.PNG.d1b11e73cb52339ee10d6f245f47481a.PNG

Key audience metrics are saying otherwise when it comes to it going over stronger with the average audience member. The box office not being stronger comes down to horrible scheduling and a China market that just did not appreciate the humor. Those two definitely need to be analyzed by WB going forward, and fixed.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Not that you aren't entitled to dislike what you want to dislike. But to read you disliked both Aquaman and Shazam, not sure what is going on there. But it's your opnion. You are entitled to it.

Shazam01.thumb.PNG.d1b11e73cb52339ee10d6f245f47481a.PNG

Key audience metrics are saying otherwise when it comes to it going over stronger with the average audience member. The box office not being stronger comes down to horrible scheduling and a China market that just did not appreciate the humor. Those two definitely need to be analyzed by WB going forward, and fixed.

Probably likes darker DC. Me too, but I think Aquaman movie is pretty good.

5 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Probably likes darker DC. Me too, but I think Aquaman movie is pretty good.

Yes. I like my DC dark , my Marvel light , and my Star Wars Lucas.  However, I consider wonder woman More on the light side and absolutely loved it.

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 5/27/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Okay Forbes experts, so what should we now call Shazam, now that it made $38MM LESS than even your clownishly lowball early Venom estimates, and what should we realistically expect to come of those far-too-premature sequel/spin-off talks, besides them now languishing forever in the proverbial "development hell"?

-J.

The film that led to a franchise? (shrug)

:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

This was long before Shazam, Sha-flopped. (shrug)

-J.

Nice try. Dwayne Johnson bumped that post so everyone knew this was coming.

'And reality sets in!' :insane:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Nice try. Dwayne Johnson bumped that post so everyone knew this was coming.

'And reality sets in!' :insane:

*yawn*.

Propaganda for the film's upcoming video release.  

Wake me when these fantasy projects actually leave development hell. ;)

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

*yawn*.

-J.

The lady doth protest too much methinks. :bigsmile:

Swing and a miss.

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The lady doth protest too much methinks. :bigsmile:

Swing and a miss.

I think this is just happy talk for fans and to stoke some interest in it on the ancillary market.  I don't think anything will come of it.  

But I hope for the two or three fans out there of the movie that it will.  :shy:

-J.

58 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

lol 

Sure.  We'll just keep posting fanboy tweets and hope one day some of it will actually turn true.  (thumbsu

52 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

This was long before Shazam, Sha-flopped. (shrug)

46 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

yawn*.

31 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I think this is just happy talk for fans and to stoke some interest in it on the ancillary market.  I don't think anything will come of it.  

But I hope for the two or three fans out there of the movie that it will.  :shy:

151982560_Killbothofusnow.thumb.png.bb58e39c8ca57902f694ad109c320449.png