• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Shazam was excellent. Really funny, every character was done well, the pacing was good. The biggest complaint is that the studio messed up big time. This should have been released just before Christmas. This movie would have made twice what it did if the marketing was done right. Easily one of the best films DC has done in years.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Yes. I like my DC dark , my Marvel light , and my Star Wars Lucas.  However, I consider wonder woman More on the light side and absolutely loved it.

Despite it being let down by the incredibly poor ending...? One of the good things about Shazam! was it maintained consistency throughout.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:34 PM, Chicago Boy said:
On 6/6/2019 at 7:25 AM, TwoPiece said:

Probably likes darker DC. Me too, but I think Aquaman movie is pretty good.

Yes. I like my DC dark , my Marvel light , and my Star Wars Lucas.

Should be wrapping up soon. Still around the same sales results based on production costs.

DC_MCU_BO190609a.thumb.PNG.710a876b1692c0ef50d403d1dbc4d5ff.PNG

With an estimated marketing budget far below the average superhero movie ($50M), it already passed the break-even point leading to the Black Adam announcement.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, Hawkman2 said:

Shazam was excellent. Really funny, every character was done well, the pacing was good. The biggest complaint is that the studio messed up big time. This should have been released just before Christmas. This movie would have made twice what it did if the marketing was done right. Easily one of the best films DC has done in years.

That is the thing that confused me the most.  The movie was filmed with a winter/Christmas background and WB released it in April.  The movie didn't fit the season and it seemed a bit "off" to me.  Was this originally supposed to be released in Nov/Dec and happen to get pushed back?

19 hours ago, media_junkie said:

That is the thing that confused me the most.  The movie was filmed with a winter/Christmas background and WB released it in April.  The movie didn't fit the season and it seemed a bit "off" to me.  Was this originally supposed to be released in Nov/Dec and happen to get pushed back?

That would be my guess. Would've been much better off with a November release.

2 hours ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

Tommy Oliver meets Pedro Peña.  You can always count on Jovan Armand to post the funniest Shazam! cast viral videos.   "Hey! Green's my color."  :roflmao:

1643602402_GreenPowerRanger.thumb.jpg.4de1bb3eeac0d030b0deaaa477f70594.jpg2140644410_PedroPena.jpg.0920b4c9016edd6f9bac8a5c6f338199.jpg

I have a feeling someone will be writing an opinion piece on this soon.

'GREEN: IT AIN'T EASY!'

emotion01.gif.bd35169be878849b5ca8c578508d3f9a.gif