• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
4 4

1,885 posts in this topic

Well, the show was not entirely live-action. When Billy Batson (Michael Gray) would appear before the pantheon of gods that granted him superpowers, the legendary figures appeared in animated form.

Hercules, seen in the image up top, was the "H" in the "SHAZAM!" acronym. And none other than Adam West voiced the Greek mythological figure. West received no credit for the performance. The official Shazam! TV show Facebook page acknowledged as much.

Frankly, all of the "SHAZAM" gods sound like Adam West to us, if you listen to Solomon and Zeus.

Turns out, Adam West's ties to the DC Comics universe run deeper than Gotham.

Edited by Bosco685

+1  This scene was the lock on the entire Shazam! movie like a modern day motion picture equivalent to the 1937 film "Captains Courageous."   (thumbsu

If the film is any good…the audience for a brief time is somewhere else, sometime else, concerned with lives that are not its own. Of all the arts, movies are the most powerful aid to empathy, and good ones make us into better people…Sooner or later every lover of film…understands that the movies are not about moving but about whether to move. – Roger Ebert

746319190_ZacharyLeviasShazam.thumb.png.a782c443ddacc4dd12058a6c6362105f.png

On 9/20/2019 at 6:11 PM, telerites said:

Late to this party but I finally watched the movie or about half of it since no magic word could help me like it.  The Captain Marvel serial from the 40s is still my fav.  The 70s live action and 80s cartoon were good too.

Whaaaaaat? I thought the first 2 acts were the best of the movie.

Just now, telerites said:

Sorry, I just couldn't get into it but that's me.  Glad it did well even if not my cup of java.

Not exactly sure if the numbers support that, since it came out only 3 weeks before Endgame.

I guess it "does well" from a majority opinion standpoint. I was just glad that it wasn't too funny (which is what the trailers worried me of).

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Not exactly sure if the numbers support that, since it came out only 3 weeks before Endgame.

I guess it "does well" from a majority opinion standpoint. I was just glad that it wasn't too funny (which is what the trailers worried me of).

Yeah, I didn't look at the take - just assumed based on many positive comments here.  I may be just too old.  My great-nephews liked it.  I never disparage anyone's opinion especially in their taste for art which includes films.  I think it is great that we have varied thoughts - twould be boring otherwise.

Hopefully it brought CM into a more broadened relevance across the populace.  He deserves it.